LOGIN | REGISTER

View Poll Results: Between Wilmington and Charleston, which offers more consistent and quality surf?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wilmington

34 91.89%
  • Charleston

3 8.11%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NC vs SC

Sandbasters is why I love South Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    While this may be true the wave quality is better in WIlmington vs Charleston. For the local "wildlife" I would say Charleston wins.
    Yeah, I had to vote Wilmington. I would rather live in Charleston, but our surf can't touch NC.

Having lived a few places in the SE...
    1.OBX
    2.NE FL
    3.SENC
    4. SC
    5. VB
    6. GA

This isn't even a contest.

NC for waves.

Charleston for city life.

Wilmington is a great town but it can get outgrown pretty quickly. It's like a smaller version of Charleston with better waves. When did it become hipsters? When I was there, it was hippy stoners which are fine with me.

Wilmington. Hipster chicks rock. Hippy stoner dudes are OK too. More exposed east facing beaches. Not being stuck with only surfing the watchout. And you can spread way out on Topsail. Closer to OBX. South facing spots within easy reach for when the big one comes close by but kind of rare (NE winds are offshore in Brunswick county). And lots of other college kids to crash into on Wrightsville if that's what you like. It's not nirvana but it beats SC for a surfer IMHO.

Images
    dudes and homey's the last Caralana cutback I threw at the washout was so hard-core that the spray turned in the steam. All the boys from Nc were scared and left a lineup. We got no hippies here which is really nice. If I saw people hugging trees I'd cut that thing down with a chainsaw. Long liveGeorge W. Bush.

Yep...SENC better for waves than anywhere in SC.....and I live here in SC

How much does a hipster weigh??

What about comparing Southern, NC VS the Northern/Central east coast areas of Florida….Which of those two has better quality and consistency year round?

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    dudes and homey's the last caralana cutback i threw at the washout was so hard-core that the spray turned in the steam. All the boys from nc were scared and left a lineup. We got no hippies here which is really nice. If i saw people hugging trees i'd cut that thing down with a chainsaw. Long livegeorge w. Bush.
    hell no! Long live sandblasters!

Babes n waves
    babes n waves