LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: surf rage

Images

surf rage

sick but really not surprising.

A MAN faces losing an eye after a surfboard was deliberately speared into his face in a horrific surf rage attack on the Gold Coast.

The victim, Mark Morlock, said it was the ‘most brutal and cowardly thing I’ve seen’ and ‘pure evil’.

Doctors will tomorrow determine if his right eye can be saved.

Mr Morlock, 41, a professional abalone diver and ship’s captain, was surfing popular Gold Coast break Snapper Rocks on Tuesday when the incident happened.

He said a fellow surfer who he unwittingly cut off on a wave at the same break about five months ago confronted him.

“I heard a voice behind me go ‘hey you’ and I’ve turned around and he goes ‘you remember me?’,” Mr Morlock said.

“I said ‘yeah I remember you, what do you want?’. Then he let his board go from between his legs, straight into my face. He said ‘you’re not laughing now, are you mate?’

“Within six seconds of him announcing his presence, he’d done this horrible trick that only a surfer knows but one I thought would never happen to me. It was the most brutal, cowardly thing I’ve ever seen.”

In agony and shock and unable to see, Mr Morlock made it to shore where he was given first-aid by a lifeguard.

Even as he was waiting to be taken to hospital, his attacker wanted to fight him.

“He was hiding in some bushes and came bolting down the stairs wanting to carry it on, with my eye almost hanging out of my head,” he said.

“I said ‘are you out of your mind? I can’t even see you to fight you’,” Mr Morlock said.

He was taken to Tweed Heads Hospital and later transferred to Gold Coast University Hospital where he underwent about 12 hours of microsurgery in a bid to save his eye.

“The doctors told me that if he wasn’t riding a snub-nosed board, it could have been fatal,” he said.

Mr Morlock will find out tomorrow if he loses his sight in the damaged eye.

“It may cost me my livelihood,” he said.

He has not spoken to police but a horrified witness is believed to have reported the incident.

“It’s one of the heaviest things I’ve seen,” one witness told the Sunday Mail.

Snapper Rocks, home of the Quiksilver Pro world surfing championship contest, is one of the world’s most crowded surf breaks and surf rage is rife.

But clashes between surfers usually involve heated exchanges or fisticuffs, with surfboards rarely used as weapons.

“What kind of person carries a grudge like that for five months and then does something as horrible as this to another human being?” Mr Morlock said.

“It’s pure evil.”

Surfers said the attacker was a notorious troublemaker and needed to be stopped before someone was killed.

“The guy’s an aggro serial offender,” one local said.

“There are women and kids who surf out there who don’t need to be exposed to this sort of danger.”
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226821698140

I wouldn't report it to the police either. I'd wait a year, stalk that bastard, kill him in an excruciating fashion and dump his body where he'd never be found. Absolutely no need to ever do that. If it ever gets like that where I surf, I'll just move on. Thanks for sharing, but I am seriously disturbed now.

Sounds right to me. Don't step in the ring if you don't want to lose any eye. Dude was probably a total kook and got what was coming to him.

Now he can be a pirate.

This thread should get good

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre ye kidding me with those comments?

Quote Originally Posted by xJohnnyUtahx View Post
    Now he can be a pirate.

This thread should get good

^^^^

Dude, wicked remark. I am surprised this does not happen more often. Heck, I am sure a lot of us have contemplated it at some point. Perhaps that dude did something very kooky. There is a solution people...BUILD BELMARS

There will finally be more worthy breaks than people trying to surf them.

#BelmarInVB

I typically try to stay out these discussion when it takes this type of direction...but I really can't help myself on this one...

Pretty shameful that most of you are trolling this type of post. Regardless if he is kook or not...situations like this are predicated upon some form of entitlement. Guy essentially held a 5 month grudge and waited for a moment when the victim was not prepared to respond to him. Put this situation in the land...and I think most of you would qualify his act as a form of cowardice. Further, if the victim was you, your kid, friend...I think you'd be pretty pissed off rather than making a joke about someone's suffering. Sad and disappointing that you would respond with mockery rather than focus on the bigger issues at play...

I'm with live4truth on this. The notion of "an eye for an eye" justice has no place in a surf line-up. Going nuclear on another living creature will probably result in a short life span for you. There is ALWAYS someone crazier than you will ever be.

Still, I have to wonder just what the %^& happened during their initial encounter that dude waited with pent-up rage for 5 months! Sounds like there was more to this than just dropping in on the dude, This issue should have been settled the moment it happened. We all make mistakes, what you do next determines what kind of person you are. Respect on the beach goes a long way. Lacking that, we're just savages.

Slide on.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRicky View Post
    Sounds right to me. Don't step in the ring if you don't want to lose any eye. Dude was probably a total kook and got what was coming to him.
    Seriously? Step into the ring?
    He went surfing?
    This guy that speared him should be in jail.
    Aussies need to tone is down a bit...next to Brazilians they are probably the most agro in the water.

Images
    Spearing the guy in the eye by surprise was a straight up pu$$ move.