LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: surf rage

Quote Originally Posted by xJohnnyUtahx View Post
    I typically do not participate in discussions with people who are so emotional, but I couldn't help myself. You ruined my joke..

What's the bigger issue at play? That there are people who feel entitled to a spot or that there are people who assault other people over pride, these things aren't new. The guy who held the grudge is a coward for waiting and for using his board. He will get his I'm sure. However, I have no sympathy for people who break one set of rules and then expect another set to protect them. Surfing is dangerous, strangers are dangerous(stranger danger), and every time you engage in dangerous activities with potentially dangerous people you should be prepared for...wait for it...

Danger. Shame on the victim for not being ready and protecting himself at all times especially when he partakes in dropping in on people. The blood from his wound could've drawn sharks and created a potential nightmare for someone else, now that would have been tragic. I have already wasted too much time on someone else's problems, his lack of self defense and your emotional struggle so I will leave you with this..

If I ever seen someone do that in person I would drag them to the beach and beat them, even if they missed. And One Eyed Mark will be fine, he's already a sea captain which transfers over to piracy quite well.

Thank you
    Hey Johnny...and anyone else wondering where I was coming from in my response...to be honest, I'm not being emotional about the situation just looking at the issues involved and responding to the initial posts. I understand that you would likely respond differently in the situation, if you were the guy witnessing the incident, etc. However, I don't get the joking...nothing personal...just seems odd to me...

Plain and simple...I think its a problem when a person finds humor in the suffering of others--and frankly the guy may lose his livelihood due to a clown who believed that he was entitled to respond maliciously without the other guy even being aware (nt., I doubt the victim could have defended himself given the description in the article). I understood the fact that most of the posts were attempting to make some sort of joke of the situation, but frankly I found the jokes in poor taste given the severity of the incident.

Regarding the bigger issues at play within the article...you had a lot of options in which to discuss about the problems illustrated by the article: liability within surfing, localism, violence in the water, entitlement, etc.

To go a bit further with my point, not sure if Sandy affected you or not, but I'm sure that not many of those affected would find it funny if people started making a joke regarding their suffering, especially people who lost their primary residence, small business, etc.

Well...rant over...sorry that you believe that I was going after you Johnny...like I said...I usually avoid those type of posts...but this is one of those times where I felt necessary to give my $.02.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by live4truth View Post
    Hey Johnny...and anyone else wondering where I was coming from in my response...to be honest, I'm not being emotional about the situation just looking at the issues involved and responding to the initial posts. I understand that you would likely respond differently in the situation, if you were the guy witnessing the incident, etc. However, I don't get the joking...nothing personal...just seems odd to me...

Plain and simple...I think its a problem when a person finds humor in the suffering of others--and frankly the guy may lose his livelihood due to a clown who believed that he was entitled to respond maliciously without the other guy even being aware (nt., I doubt the victim could have defended himself given the description in the article). I understood the fact that most of the posts were attempting to make some sort of joke of the situation, but frankly I found the jokes in poor taste given the severity of the incident.

Regarding the bigger issues at play within the article...you had a lot of options in which to discuss about the problems illustrated by the article: liability within surfing, localism, violence in the water, entitlement, etc.

To go a bit further with my point, not sure if Sandy affected you or not, but I'm sure that not many of those affected would find it funny if people started making a joke regarding their suffering, especially people who lost their primary residence, small business, etc.

Well...rant over...sorry that you believe that I was going after you Johnny...like I said...I usually avoid those type of posts...but this is one of those times where I felt necessary to give my $.02.
    +1

this is posted along the same lines as recent threads about Lunada Bay, surf etiquette, localism, etc etc. the incident is inexcusable ("shame on the victim" - really?) and the injury is one any one of you could suffer tomorrow at your local break on a knee-high day. the trolls in this thread are pathetic.

I have been thinking about this one. I say, heal up, extra points for eye patch, let him get locked up for his horrible crime. Start hanging out with the nastiest gang bangers you can find. Be really nice to them, give them money, valuables , respect, whatever to get yourself a gang initiation. They will probably be stoked about a white boy with an eye patch. Pass on the "hit" to the "inside" and hear about his death by **** in the shower room. Ultimate revenge.
    Last edited by leethestud; Feb 20, 2014 at 09:34 PM.

image.jpgI think Jack O'Neil has an eye patch. Weak sauce move to let fly at an un-suspecting opponent in my opinion, but I don't know the background of their beef. Either way, I am sure it will all be handled properly in good time by someone.....
    Last edited by El Stupido; Feb 20, 2014 at 09:48 PM.

fighting over a wave will get u nowhere quick.i learned a long time ago to step away from confrontations.they only lead to jail or the hospital.especially in a foreign country like indo.u get into an argument at the bar and get stabbed in the neck.aussies are known for their aggression,thats why they come to Hawaii and get messed with.

it really makes me laugh when I hear that localism shyt in nj,mostly on here,like hey don't come to my beach locals only.go to a place like swamis or lowers where ur out with 200 people.theres only 3 places in nj with crowds.Belmar,deal,and Manasquan.and they get good waves there.i don't paddle out in winter to surf with crowds,kinda defeats the purpose

A joke is a JOKE! Some people need to lighten up. Talk about the pu$$ification of America. Everyone gets their panties in a bunch bc they don't think something someone said (or typed in this case) was in good taste. Sure it's a gnarly, unwarranted attack and resulting injury, but this is an internet forum. It's not like people are wise cracking about this guys loss to his face.

Certainly hope the offender gets what's coming to him. Karma

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    +1

this is posted along the same lines as recent threads about Lunada Bay, surf etiquette, localism, etc etc. the incident is inexcusable ("shame on the victim" - really?) and the injury is one any one of you could suffer tomorrow at your local break on a knee-high day. the trolls in this thread are pathetic.
    You quoted me so I'll address your remarks. I never denied the possibility of this event taking place or happening to me or a friend. I also never excused the action and am sure of the losers demise. I only pointed out that the victim now has a legitimate shot at actually pirating at sea due to his experience as a Captain or he can play one on stage without the need for makeup. His lively hood will be fine, but he put that at risk the moment he stepped in the surf or out of the house for that matter. And there's your learning point- keep your head on a swivel. The bigger issue is that this is even news. What can be learned from this article is that you should always be prepared, even when doing things you enjoy, theres no free rides and laws don't protect you from or control retards. Would you rather we discuss the state of lineups and localism for the thousandth time? Should we all hold hands and have a paddle out for Mark?

There's too many people in this world that break etiquette in the water and out, in surfing and in life, and expect laws and policy to protect them. People like you advocate this behavior by victimizing grownups, really, he's a grown ass man. I'm not excusing people that assault others in punk fashion, but I'm not mourning people with bad reflexes either.

And a troll is a person who uses discord or slander to upset people or start an argument on the internet, which you were attempting when you called others pathetic. Hypocrisy is a female trait and so is crying, clean the sand out of your trunk.

Images
    that dude that did that with the board can go **** himself. thats unsporting, and jacked up. if hes going to fight make it fair.

^ Sandblaster said, and Seen ^ and Hanna ^ said.

What that guy did with his board was the equivalent of a sucker punch; and anyone does that is a complete piece of crap who deserves whatever the cap'n decides to mete out in return. Let Darwinism take its course and let the law sit on its fat arse & continue to write parking tickets.

Take your time, cap'n, take your time. At the end of the day, it's the law of the sea. No rules apply.

Dang man that's rough.. If I saw someone fling their board at someone intentionally id whoop their a$$. Even if he was a homie id still give him a beating. If you got beef someone take it up with fists. Using Knives, brass, or boards is not cool