LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: surf rage

if you think there's justice in the world I think you could be wrong, and karma, really, then how do you explain hospitals full of sick children?
    even if he murders the guy, as many of you seem to advocate, will that bring back his sight, or take away whst happened, or the pain he experienced, or his medical treatment????

beachbreak, you end up getting medical treatment of your own? You seem a lot more content lately. Looked like you had a bad couple weeks for a bit there but you're coming around. Good to see

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    if you think there's justice in the world I think you could be wrong, and karma, really, then how do you explain hospitals full of sick children?
    even if he murders the guy, as many of you seem to advocate, will that bring back his sight, or take away whst happened, or the pain he experienced, or his medical treatment????
    If you go around treating people that way, it's bound to come back around and bite you in the a$$.
    If you go around treating people with respect and humility, you're probably going to receive similar treatment, most of the time.

If you generally put out positve energy, it's coming back at you.
    If you generally put out negative energy, it's coming back at you.

Karma, a simple concept derived from your conscience, if you have one.

Red face 4sure

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    If you go around treating people that way, it's bound to come back around and bite you in the a$$.
    If you go around treating people with respect and humility, you're probably going to receive similar treatment, most of the time.

If you generally put out positve energy, it's coming back at you.
    If you generally put out negative energy, it's coming back at you.

Karma, a simple concept derived from your conscience, if you have one.
    doug, i drove a cab for over a decade at night in the urban jungle of atlantic city.
    the rules you espouse kept my bottom in one piece cause that what i believed and
    spread around…most of the time….

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    That sucks. The attacker is prime example of scroatal cheese needing eradication. What a f-ckin loser.
    My sentiments exactly.

Images
    waves are waves are waves...i don't get how this sport can produce people that can be so territorial. i mean, water moves, bros and it's not like you can put your name on it....and even if you could, it's constantly moving with or without you! i dunno, territoriality and violence just seem to denigrate the entire culture and ideology of surfing. i feel bad for the guy because it seems as though the other guy does not embrace the real essence and freedom of surfing and looks to inflict harm...pointless, baseless harm on others. to me surfing should be an opportunity to disconnect from normalcy, tera firma, and time itself and become totally immersed in your surroundings and the conditions, and try to harness that for some moments of bliss riding up and down the line. i know i regularly defer to others on waves, but sometimes do find myself going for the same wave, and when i do i make it a point to take a different path the my fellow wave rider, for three reasons: (a) who wants to get hurt for a wave and ruin the rest of the day (2) who wants to wreck their board and ruin the rest of the day and (d) there will always be another wave! (some home alone humor for y'all there in case you didn't notice)

in the infamous (and pretty terrible) words of Bodhi, "those guys just live to get radical"....it's a shame, hope that right eye can be salvaged, and at the very least he can get back to the life he previously had...

Images
    Anyone who gets involved in this to be a tough guy or whatever clearly isn't in it for the right reasons. And they must not receive solace from the ocean if they're trying to be Billy Bada$$.

Images
    you really have to keep an eye out for that sort of thing.

[QUOTE=xJohnnyUtahx;220951]And there's your learning point- keep your head on a swivel.QUOTE]

Utah you don't have much to teach anyone it appears.

Same thing as a sucker punch. Really hope dude ends up ok, and the coward gets his.

This coward was surfing Snapper and expected a solo wave? He should be banished from surfing for even thinking that was a possibility. And then had the sack to get all agro on the guy. I can only hope his day of reckoning comes sooner than later. good luck to the victim in this.