LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: surf rage

Quote Originally Posted by live4truth View Post
    I typically try to stay out these discussion when it takes this type of direction...but I really can't help myself on this one...

Pretty shameful that most of you are trolling this type of post. Regardless if he is kook or not...situations like this are predicated upon some form of entitlement. Guy essentially held a 5 month grudge and waited for a moment when the victim was not prepared to respond to him. Put this situation in the land...and I think most of you would qualify his act as a form of cowardice. Further, if the victim was you, your kid, friend...I think you'd be pretty pissed off rather than making a joke about someone's suffering. Sad and disappointing that you would respond with mockery rather than focus on the bigger issues at play...
    I typically do not participate in discussions with people who are so emotional, but I couldn't help myself. You ruined my joke..

What's the bigger issue at play? That there are people who feel entitled to a spot or that there are people who assault other people over pride, these things aren't new. The guy who held the grudge is a coward for waiting and for using his board. He will get his I'm sure. However, I have no sympathy for people who break one set of rules and then expect another set to protect them. Surfing is dangerous, strangers are dangerous(stranger danger), and every time you engage in dangerous activities with potentially dangerous people you should be prepared for...wait for it...

Danger. Shame on the victim for not being ready and protecting himself at all times especially when he partakes in dropping in on people. The blood from his wound could've drawn sharks and created a potential nightmare for someone else, now that would have been tragic. I have already wasted too much time on someone else's problems, his lack of self defense and your emotional struggle so I will leave you with this..

If I ever seen someone do that in person I would drag them to the beach and beat them, even if they missed. And One Eyed Mark will be fine, he's already a sea captain which transfers over to piracy quite well.

Thank you

no matter how "in" this guy is with the crowd in the lineup.... intentionally attacking someone in a way that has life altering effects is not justifiable. This guy wins the pYssy of the year award.

I'm sure some random who hears about it is gonna thrash this guy in the name of good. Either on the beach, in the parky lot or at a bar, people like that always get what's coming to them.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xJohnnyUtahx View Post
    I'm sure some random who hears about it is gonna thrash this guy in the name of good. Either on the beach, in the parky lot or at a bar, people like that always get what's coming to them.
    Agreed, one can only put so much negative energy out there until it gets returned to them. With ya on the silver lining of the eyepatch too, I mean, I'd feel bad farking a$$ if I was wearing an eyepatch in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Agreed, one can only put so much negative energy out there until it gets returned to them. With ya on the silver lining of the eyepatch too, I mean, I'd feel bad farking a$$ if I was wearing an eyepatch in the lineup.
    Nobody drops in on the guy with an eyepatch

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    It would look cool SS, but have you ever tried to surf with one eye? I'm sure it can be done but it Effs up your depth perception. I've tried to stay out in the line up with one contac in, after eating it and losing one; tried closing one eye. Sh!t I should of just closed both eyes. Just another learning curve. Hope the guy keeps his eye but I'd rock the patch too and have a Jolly Rodger painted on my board.

Images
    I've never tried w/ one eye SCREWB, but I'm always wearing my contacts in the water and have had that same experience after losing one...and it does suck. I mean it'd be far from ideal, and an uneven tradeoff, but a small silver lining.

And Johnny, I know I'd be that much more nervous if I dropped in on a dude w/ an eyepatch.

Images
    That sucks. The attacker is prime example of scroatal cheese needing eradication. What a f-ckin loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre ye kidding me with those comments?
    HOF material you scaliwag. In all seriousness, everyday is full of opportunities as well as danger. At the gas station, at work, at school, at the movies, in the lineup. Opportunities to give respect and be civilized and help out, and get a few adrenaline rushes in the surf or on the sidewalks, streets, and slopes. Danger lurks everywhere. Keep your shield powers strong through right actions, prayer and deeds. Enough preaching from me.

I'm being very philosophical today because I just found out an old surf bud just passed. He was the angry local who kept the lineup free of strangers for a decade in deeds, and another decade from reputation long after he stopped surfing. He would confront jetskiiers and helped keep the lineup free of them for awhile. My friend, who grew up surfing and partying with us, upon learning of his passing, said and I quote "The world is a better place without him". Cold. But something to ponder.
    Last edited by sisurfdogg; Feb 20, 2014 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Arrrrrrrrrrrrr!

cant' help but wonder if whole story being told. it all seems kinda predictable, no? you know, engineered
    for consumption by the local media...