LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    many of us have 'em….heres' just one of mine:

i'm sitting on beach at domes on my blanket bothering no one. on my right a stolen
    surfboard walks up the beach and on my left its irate previous owner who has a gun.
    he just started shooting…right over poor me and my blanket…i scrambled on my belly
    to safety beyond parking lot; thief makes a successful getaway (WITH THE BOARD) but
    not before getting a 50g metal trash can tossed into his windshield!

I went from tropical bliss to fearing for my life in about 5 seconds…but no harm (to me).
    I can't figure PR out, I've been down twice since Jan in Rincon/Aquadilla, and other than the locals being a little twitchy about the lack of swell 2 weeks ago everyone's been cool. That said, I understand that the theft situ is totally nuts, you can't leave anything on the beach or in a car. Sadly, I want to bring my college daughter there for her spring break, but probably won't because I don't want to have to be on guard duty the entire time. It's a shame, easy trip, reliable swell and generally a great place, minus the globally epic petty crime rate (and worse I guess).

Oh, I forgot to add that what you really have to worry about are the drivers - there is nothing scarier than a Puerto Rican driving a Hummer - or anything for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    many of us have 'em….heres' just one of mine:

i'm sitting on beach at domes on my blanket bothering no one. on my right a stolen
    surfboard walks up the beach and on my left its irate previous owner who has a gun.
    he just started shooting…right over poor me and my blanket…i scrambled on my belly
    to safety beyond parking lot; thief makes a successful getaway (WITH THE BOARD) but
    not before getting a 50g metal trash can tossed into his windshield!

I went from tropical bliss to fearing for my life in about 5 seconds…but no harm (to me).
    this is a BS story

Screen Shot 2014-02-20 at 4.39.19 PM.jpg

lol just scaring you guys this isn't puerto rico

a guy I grew up with,a Puerto rican,went down there and was found naked shot 17times.he wasn't a surfer,just somebody in the wrong neighborhood.hes gone now.nobody knows what happened but it did.pr is good for the most part,aslong as u stay near the coast.if u go out lookin for drugs or prostitutes youll enter some dangerous territories

Flying in a small helo over a boat load of migrants in the middle of the night and watching the yola capsize off of Rincon beach in 6ft surf.

There was a killing of a tourist just south of Rincón 6 to 8 weeks ago. A junkie broke into a condo, a guy staying there went downstairs, a fight ensued and the tourist guy had his throat slashed. Shook up the ex-pat community quite a bit.

U need proof?

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbug View Post
    this is a BS story
    ITS TRUE (you know lenny/luly - ask em.) but i don't have photographic evidence.
    heres one for which I DO:

bad man falls in with wrong crowd and is executed. body dumped in blowhole at
    jobos. stiff ends up on beach in prime time where the whole town promptly sets up
    camp to do photo ops w/double bullet holes to head…

i have about a dozen more…wanna hear 'em?

9. try all the kooks in the lineup on a weekend. terrifying, simply terrifying

That's a crazy story, I have been to Rincon twice and both times were super laid back, no drama was witnessed, just good surf, great food, and chill vibes