LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini ramp

Hybrid View

Question Mini ramp

Idk about yinz but I dig skating in my free time. I'm scrapping up some wood to build a mini ramp prolly about 3 foot. Any of y'all know about transitions? I'm not sure what size transition I should make. I want it mellow but not too mellow. Maybe 5"6' transition? If any of bros know what I'm talking about and can provide some input on a good transition lemme know!

2. 5 inch 6 foot sounds scurry. if it were me I would say 5 and half feet would be good, 4 could be even better if you put an extension on

Hahaha a 4 foot transition radius on a 3 foot ramp would be hel|@ steep

I would consider using some plans...downloaded these plans (link) a while ago...they work. Step by step...

Quote Originally Posted by live4truth View Post
    I would consider using some plans...downloaded these plans (link) a while ago...they work. Step by step...
    Sickk thanks man... Did you build yours for outdoors? If so what did you use as the top sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWocal View Post
    Sickk thanks man... Did you build yours for outdoors? If so what did you use as the top sheet?
    if you live somewhere in the mid-atlantic, itll be tricky with any wood you use as our weather conditions are wild. i used two layers of plywood followed by masonite. after two months it rotted. i ended up using marine plywood w a layer of polyurethane and its smooth/fast. if you use masonite you must tarp it after seshions. if you have the cash by skatelite haha

Doug, rcarter, and surfingwasteland all have experience flying so you should seek their advice.

i just drew up a few trannys with pencil on the waffle board we used for the trannys and eventually one looked right and it worked. in my opinion building a mini ramp is pretty simple. couple cases of beer, the right tools, and a few homies and itll be done in a day

For a basic round transition 7' for a tight or 8' for a mellower one. You can use a string or a 2x4(anywhere from 7' to 8'long) with a marker to draw the transition on the plywood. If you are looking for an elliptical transition it gets tricky.

One suggestion would be to make it at least 12' wide is not 16'. Also, if you plan on having it for a while, space the transitions at 4' and paint it with exterior paint. This also makes it easier to move it the future.
    Plenty of ramp plans in the internet.

if your on a budget regular 1/2" ply for the base layer then 3/8" ac with coat of good exterior paint will last awhile. but if using tight tranys you will need 3/8" base layer. If your only going 3'high 6 1/2 to 7'radius will work.