LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by THE joe whittle View Post
    you could use wetsuit shampoo...

That works too

Images
    Could u possibly ue regular shampoo? and then rinse it? I was thinking bout doing this for my wetsuit because it has the same prob.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Well, I wouldn't use bleach....seen it done...bad idea.....it can void your warranty and degrade the neoprene. But as far as soaking them in a 5 gallon bucket. Get some dish detergent and dilute it in water. Maybe a little vinegar....You might want to put something in them too to anchor them down in the bucket since they will float.

Vinegar works.....It's been done for years.

properly diluted in a 5 gallon bucket, a splash of bleach is fine, been using it for many many years without problems. But if it worries you, then the vinegar will be fine. Expensive "wetsuit shampoo" is overpriced stupidity. I swear, I think if surf shops sold a $2 bottle of citric acid as $10 a bottle wax remover people would buy it. Oh wait they DO!

Images

Down here in Maryland

We generally don't go around sticking our noses into wetsuit booties. No real reason to do it, unless that gives you some sort of rush. But then I remembered, that's a Jersey thing, right Chad and Icey? You ought to bottle it and call it ''Eau de Jersey.''

Are you off your rocker... Bleach, not only is it bad for your suit and gear it is extremely bad for your body, and the environment. Skin is the largest organ of the human body, and it is like a sponge(absorbing all it comes in contact with). Most poisonings happen slowly over a long period of time, by gradual skin absorption or daily exposure to the toxins we breath in the air.

~Bleach Danger! Causes severe eye injuries. Can burn the skin, mouth, throat and stomach. Vapors irritate the nose, throat and lungs. Chlorine's by products are organochlorides and dioxin - dangerous to health and the environment. Dioxin is 300,000 times a more potent carcinogen than DDT. It bio-accumulates in the body - we cannot detoxify it. Vapors have been shown to interfere with brain function. Vapors have been shown to aggravate heart conditions and asthma. Suspected to affect the reproductive system.

There are so many hidden dangers that lurk within common household products that many consumers are not aware of. Manufacturers are not required to list the exact ingredients on a label. Be wise arm yourself with knowledge, educate yourself on the matter, and make a change. Going Green helps you, all of us, and our environment to live a healthier life. http://www.goinggoinggonegreen.org http://www.toxinfreeisthewaytobe.com

To get rid of the skanky smell in your booties all you need is Sol-u-mel, completely safe for you and the environment.

Images
    my gf wouldnt shut up in the car one day and i just pulled a bootie from the backseat and put the hole right up to her nose just as she was inhaling... pretty sure she almost puked and it was epic

Images
    I have to admit, I have some foul looking toe nail fungus, and it may be from not washing out my booties and having that bacteria live in there. This stuff wont ever go away either, so do yourself a favor and keep your booties clean!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    I have to admit, I have some foul looking toe nail fungus, and it may be from not washing out my booties and having that bacteria live in there. This stuff wont ever go away either, so do yourself a favor and keep your booties clean!
    This might sound crazy....but it works too.. And i involves a pressure cooker.

If you guy's are THAT worried about your booties....then just pressure cook them with a lemon @ 10 psi for 30 minutes. they will be more sterile then when you bought them. No worries about melting the boots either. All you need is a pressure cooker and a couple of quart size mason jars. Slip 1 boot into each jar, seal, pressure cook. All bacteria and mold/fungi will be destroyed.

If anyone has access to a pressure cooker and would like to try this...drop me a PM and i will explain more in depth on how this is done.
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Jun 26, 2008 at 06:09 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    We generally don't go around sticking our noses into wetsuit booties. No real reason to do it, unless that gives you some sort of rush. But then I remembered, that's a Jersey thing, right Chad and Icey? You ought to bottle it and call it ''Eau de Jersey.''
    Come on man....seriously? You never sniffed your booties before? That's like saying after you wipe...... you never looked at it.. I never in my life have met a surfer that can honestly say they never sniffed there boots. Are you the first?

Images

Yep. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Come on man....seriously? You never sniffed your booties before? That's like saying after you wipe...... you never looked at it.. I never in my life have met a surfer that can honestly say they never sniffed there boots. Are you the first?
    Once. . . and that was enough, if you know what I mean. I'm not a glutton for punishment.