LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IMGP9217.JPG
    Yeah, I think you need both dog and gun.

awesome. what breed?

Think I'm ready to et a new pup. I was a big puss after my dog died a couple of years ago and never got a new one.
    I didn't want to replace him, but I realize I'm much happier when I have a fury pal to hang with.
    Think I'm going to get a lab so he can go ducking with me. I've helped train a couple of friends dogs to hunt and it's the most rewarding feeling when they actually get good.

check out Weimaraners too

Images
    That's not being a puss dude, just means you loved your dog. Think of it this way, there's many out there that need a good home so you're not doing it for yourself, or to replace your pal, but for that dog out there that needs a home.

Dog's get old quick...it's hard to say goodbye to them...Our's a mix of cocker/flat coated ret./Amer water spaniel...she's a good gun dog.

Yup. Got a Aussie/German mix (aussie smart & German size) male from Top Sail NC shelter. Super protective if it's someone we don't know coming to the house... door ringing salespeople prefer to stand in the driveway... or someone gets too close to my wife in public. But also super friendly... good with kids, other dogs, anyone who will scratch his ears instantly has a best friend... professionally well trained and easy to pull back from rip your face off dog mode with a command.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    check out Weimaraners too
    My daughter got a weimer/pit mix from the shelter. Caesar is an orange giant set of jowls.

All my family came from no-kill shelters. Best. Souls. Ever. EVER.

Probably about ready for another coupla awesome gifts to the human race to join me in my surf treks. My last guy, Goose (props to Phinny, lost cousin!) loved going out to AI wild side & just hanging out in the shade while I'd surf.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    -- Will Rogers

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    All my family came from no-kill shelters. Best. Souls. Ever. EVER.

Probably about ready for another coupla awesome gifts to the human race to join me in my surf treks. My last guy, Goose (props to Phinny, lost cousin!) loved going out to AI wild side & just hanging out in the shade while I'd surf.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    -- Will Rogers
    Props right back to Goose and you! And that Will Rodgers quote is spot on.