LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    sea
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by ChavezYChavez View Post
    Sorry had to cut that last post short. The BIG boss just walked into the trailer that is our office on the work site. This guy is a 300 pound behemoth with concrete slabs for hands. Scary dude. My point was don't get jaded with hurricane hype. Some of the funnest days are those small Summer days where everyone out there is just goofing and hooting. That's what this is all about right? FUN.
    I agree,sometimes those are the best sessions.i love the summertime at the beach after 7pm.we used to have big bbqs,drink some beers after a good little sesh.I feel like u can push urself so much more when the water is trunkable.pulling into shorebreak closeouts turn out to be fun.

    I feel like some ppl on here don't know what surfing is truly about,u know having fun.i don't see the need for anyone to start a thread saying they had the best sesh of their life today.some people just want the credit for being out there I guess.i saw something the otherday on court tv about these guys who pulled off the ultimate bank robbery,got away with it,then decided to call the radio station to brag to people so they get the credit.well an off duty cop who happened to be listening to the radio,traced the call and nabbed the suspects.why do it,if u want to tell the whole world about it.surfers used to be cooler.now everyone is getting bored so they have to explain their lives.just write a book!!!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    3,991
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    SUPper, until 10 days ago we had 6 weeks of stoke and gnarl here. DOH on some occasions. One Monday that was 55 out and sunny for a 3hr sesh. Cold? Yeah. But anything beats flatness we had in mid to late '13. PR? Was booked for it a few weeks ago but saved the tix for later since report was garbage. The spring is about to kick up and be a repeat of last spring. Why you guys think I was so stoked and still am? Last spring, clean waves and sun every day.
    Yeah man, we've had an excellent winter as well, consistent as it gets! Don't know if you've ever been to PR, but next time the report looks solid you should get on it, way easier and cheaper than going to ES, which I know you enjoyed. So convenient, and what a great vibe down there. Hoping spring brings the goods as well, keeping fingers crossed...

  3. #33
    No braddah, never been to PR but I will go soon. Armed and ready for las boricuas as my Spanish accent is PR/Dominican from da Latin brahs in the neighborhood growing up.

    Was down in SoFlo at the start of the month for a cup of coffee and not a bump to be found in the water. What's up bro, you bogarting them up at the Inlet? Good thing I brought the Carver.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    3,991
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    No braddah, never been to PR but I will go soon. Armed and ready for las boricuas as my Spanish accent is PR/Dominican from da Latin brahs in the neighborhood growing up.

    Was down in SoFlo at the start of the month for a cup of coffee and not a bump to be found in the water. What's up bro, you bogarting them up at the Inlet? Good thing I brought the Carver.
    Yeah that's typical of SoFlo, they get it sometimes, but most of the swells get blocked by the Bahamas. You need to go North of Fort Pierce for it to be super consistent, as it's just outside of the shadow. Although, on the right storm / front, SoFlo can go off, as seen in the Sandy videos, aka Pump House, Reef Road, etc.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    portland
    Posts
    151
    Images
    1
    had my best session ever last wednesday & it's been flat every since up 'ere in the GOM...screw hurricane season, I'm dying here now!

  6. #36
    Surfers didn't used to be cooler... It's just that the internet exists now so everything is talked about. You used to never know what was going on outside of your own world.
    Just like the misconception that the world is more dangerous and there are more "sicko's" out there snatching kids. That's not true. It's just that you hear about everything now so it seems like a lot more.


    Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    I agree,sometimes those are the best sessions.i love the summertime at the beach after 7pm.we used to have big bbqs,drink some beers after a good little sesh.I feel like u can push urself so much more when the water is trunkable.pulling into shorebreak closeouts turn out to be fun.

    I feel like some ppl on here don't know what surfing is truly about,u know having fun.i don't see the need for anyone to start a thread saying they had the best sesh of their life today.some people just want the credit for being out there I guess.i saw something the otherday on court tv about these guys who pulled off the ultimate bank robbery,got away with it,then decided to call the radio station to brag to people so they get the credit.well an off duty cop who happened to be listening to the radio,traced the call and nabbed the suspects.why do it,if u want to tell the whole world about it.surfers used to be cooler.now everyone is getting bored so they have to explain their lives.just write a book!!!

  7. #37
    Who cares about hurricane season when we are getting hurricane sized waves every other week? Do you enjoy crowds?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    sea
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Surfers didn't used to be cooler... It's just that the internet exists now so everything is talked about. You used to never know what was going on outside of your own world.
    Just like the misconception that the world is more dangerous and there are more "sicko's" out there snatching kids. That's not true. It's just that you hear about everything now so it seems like a lot more.
    yea I definitely agree,its the internet that made things less cool.the only surf films I seen growing up was buying a 30$ dvd at the local shop.now u can go on youtube,vimeo,etc.the only surf forecast I had was a number from a surfshop that went out of business 6 years ago.

    online,like on this site,it promotes surfers as arrogant a-holes.some of u guys are funny and cool,then u have the others that are like hey buddy im not your buddy!!!who cares brahs??I remember doomsday swell in lb,I seen the dude that got rescued from a helicopter.he was literally waxing his board the whole time I was there,probably 2 hours.i was watchin him like damn this guy is either a pro and about to kill it or hes a clueless kook who has no business out there.by the time I got home I seen the pics pouring all over and I laughed to myself when I seen it was this dude.normally I don't care about situations like that,but the dude was mouthing off to everybody on the sideline and seemed he paddled out mad.never paddle out if u cant make it in without your board