LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Your Best Session Of All Time

i cant name a best one there are to many conflicting good ones. but here is a good one sometime in the beginning of January last year. was really dumpy ,but still good at low tide so i went out and surfed it and got some barrels which was sweet. then later on in the day it switched hard offshore taking at least 35phm at the most. the waves where grinding so hard and the peaks where being blown up huge from the winds, unfortunately it was mid tide and shallow so out popped a fin box on my new 3 week old board. but still a awesome day.

Playa Hermosa Jaco, 1996. 1st time going solo to CR. It was a big hollow crowded day. I walked south from the cabinas vista hermosa half way to the tree,, found an empty spot, and paddled out. found a rip and was getting air paddling over some giants. I got out and thought I went too far, which sometimes happens to me. But this thing came to me and I thought I was in too far. I was just barely in the right spot. I grabbed the nose, pulled the board down hard and popped into it, zero stroke take off. Blind drop, back side bottom turn, and pulled into the slot. Got my vision back to see the lip pitching. grabbed a rail, and started screaming down line. My board at that time would make the sound like blowing over a bottle. It was louder than I ever heard it, of course I was going faster and farther than I ever had. As I was getting into the crowds, I was looking for a way out but I couldn't because the lip was still pitching over my shoulder. The board noise evidently kept the crowd from dropping in. Never found an exit and was discharged on the beach couple hundred yards north of the cabinas.

two falls ago hurricane Leslie. Just perfect perfect perfect.... perfect size head high with a couple bombs here and there, light offshore wind, tide was no factor, I was the first one on it Dawn Patrol, skipped work to surf alllll day

Longgggg lines, tube sections, pretty crowded but waves for everyone. Also surfed probably nine hrs that day. Man I'll never forget it. Best jersey at my spot ever

Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    two falls ago hurricane Leslie. Just perfect perfect perfect.... perfect size head high with a couple bombs here and there, light offshore wind, tide was no factor, I was the first one on it Dawn Patrol, skipped work to surf alllll day

Longgggg lines, tube sections, pretty crowded but waves for everyone. Also surfed probably nine hrs that day. Man I'll never forget it. Best jersey at my spot ever

X2 on Leslie... what a swell!!!

Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
    Hurricane Katrina at the only spot on the Gulf that could handle it. Consistantly overhead with some serious bombs coming in on the sets. Hard offshores that were really making the waves stand up.I was still pretty green so it was scary as shjt to me but I caught the longest waves of my life that day.

leslie was good... i think it was alex that brushed the nc coast a bunch of years back.. i was lucky enough to be down there.. couple head high days b4 he came then it brushed overnight woke up dp hungover bc it was supposed to hit the next to to my brother yelling with gaping eyes that its going off.... oh perfection with just me him and one other guy.. and in nice toasty bathtub warm water

Smile supersesh

feb '08 - (THE POPULAR BEACH) - was in rare form. this one wave i backdoored the
    takeoff, got a full on dry shack section two, and finished section 3 with a head dip tube.

i've been as far as oz and back and not gotten a wave that good.

Recently-the weekend before the mess of Sandy (Oct 19-21, 2012.) Fun head high swell, great temps, and plent of waves for everyone.

All time-Hurricane Gloria, Oct, 1985. I was 16 and pretty nervous. After getting worked on my 2nd wave, caught some of the best waves of my life. Small window with the winds blowing hard offshore the afternoon of the day the storm hit. Some beautiful DOH sets just rolling through. By the next morning, had shrunk down to waist to chest, but that initial afternoon was my all time session.

Had a session a few years ago at the Hatteras Lighthouse that still makes me smile. Clean, shoulder high, longboard waves. Beautiful fall day, sunshine in abundance and not too many folks out.

As a preface; I once read a fictional story about some surfers who had invented an eye drop which allowed them to "see" the inner workings of the waves they were riding. Colored lines would appear on the wave faces to indicate the perfect line and allow glory rides every time. Yeah right, if only...

In a former life, as a basketball player I used to be able to get "hot" for a quarter, a half, or even a full game. Every shot goes in and the ball just seems to find you. The game slows down and you see where people are going to be before they get there. A rare occurrence for me, but the kind of thing that makes all the hard work seem worth it!

This happened to me on a surfboard for the first time that day. Oh sure, I have had the odd ride here and there where I was tuned in. But I got "HOT" boys and girls! Every wave came to the spot where I was. People to my left and right were missing these same waves because they had my name on them. I was seeing the waves like I rarely do.

The ocean was just allowing me to read it like a book and I was literally one with the waves. For 20 - 25 minutes I was just going off. Ride after ride after ride! Long nose-rides like never before, smooth transitions, and uncanny moments where the wave was beckoning me to follow it.

Then just like that, it was over. Wind shifted and things settled down. I knew something really special had happened when strangers in the parking lot were coming by and grinning and giving high-fives! I'm not the guy who surfs well enough to be noticed, but that day I was.

Don't know if this confluence of events will ever occur to me again, but that's OK, It happened once and that was so cool! I'm sure many of you know what I'm talking about. It is for these precious moments that we surf!

Slide on.

got my first real, solid barrel ride in PR a while back. Nothing like that first taste of the Juice...
    Last edited by leethestud; Feb 24, 2014 at 03:27 PM.