LOGIN | REGISTER

If you ever want to eat a steak again

Don't watch this.

I still want a steak. There is a good reason not to buy big commercial farm meat, though. I feel a lot better eating free range cruelty free beef. I have been on the eat less/eat better kick for a while now.
    Then there are these cows:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagyu

A life of massage and beer drinking doesn't seem so bad.

Or the ones that give the cows so much antibiotics their hooves fall off.

I'd like to be a vegetarian, but there's just so much beans and rice I can tolerate.

Images
    I'm avoiding beef until I can afford to buy locally.

there's a butcher at the farmers market in VB we go to. One is coming soon in Nerferk.

Images
    "Course, I could get a hell of a good look at a T-Bone steak by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it."

7. Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    I'm avoiding beef until I can afford to buy locally.
    Watch what you buy locally as well dude. Sometimes your over paying for poorly managed free range animals. Could be just as bad as buying commercial

the tastiest beef I've eaten was in Costa. the cows on the coast are melon fed, so I'm assuming the others are too. There's a steak house in the plaza of Alejuela. We got Chateau Brian for 2 for 20 bucks. M! M! melts in yer mouth.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfingwasteland View Post
    Watch what you buy locally as well dude. Sometimes your over paying for poorly managed free range animals. Could be just as bad as buying commercial

Wiil do amigo, thanks for the heads up...there's a couple small farms around here w/ angus cows, I'd definitely like to check them out firsthand and do some research before becoming a patron.