LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

black rock

Quote Originally Posted by surf1969 View Post
    the only Australian pipeline Ive ever known is a spot called Black Rock. Tom Carroll and those early 80's aussie pros were frequently photographed surfing there. I read more than one article on the place in the 80's. youre right though, haven't heard anything about the place for decades now.
    yes yes - forgot to mention its' aka is BLACK ROCK.

HOW WELL was that place scrubbed??

I would take a vow of celebacy to be able to surf that wave every day. That's incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    I would take a vow of celebacy to be able to surf that wave every day. That's incredible.
    if one was so inclined they could have some mischief/fun with the issue like dis: on the asp contest forum/blog
    wherever (when the show is in town) make demands as such: Prime Minister (idkwho) TEAR DOWN THAT WALL!

when people think of waves in Australia,they think about the gold coast,coolangatta.in my opinion I think Australia is richer in waves than the north shore.they literally have 1000s of world class waves.beachbreaks,reefbreaks,points,big wave spots.every month theres a new big wave discovered in Australia,I lost count...cowbombie,tazzy,shipsterns,Cyclops,etc.Haw aii has waimai, outer reefs,and maui has jaws.western oz is a great desolute desert filled beaches rich in swell and great whites.

people fear of sharks in oz,but with how many great surfers the continent produces each year,hard to believe theres any shark attacks.id rather live in oz than Oahu,indo is a short flight away,fiji is a short flight away.

cali surfers hit Hawaii for surftrips.eastcoast hits the carribean and s.america.aussies can go everywhere.i think indo departin out of ewr is like a 4000 round trip.from Australia,probly a couple hundred bucks

Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    yes yes - forgot to mention its' aka is BLACK ROCK.

HOW WELL was that place scrubbed??
    I know you're not the last American to surf there. I know someone (American) who surfed there about 7-8 years ago. We have a mutual Aussie friend, who used to live in Ulladulla near there, who took him to Black Rock to surf. I've seen the pictures.

Smile ulladulla

Quote Originally Posted by Losttsol View Post
    I know you're not the last American to surf there. I know someone (American) who surfed there about 7-8 years ago. We have a mutual Aussie friend, who used to live in Ulladulla near there, who took him to Black Rock to surf. I've seen the pictures.
    glad to hear; its spot-on as they say…ulladulla; did he surf there too like green island??
    so much on the surf drenched so coast...

Images
    Tombstones and Red Bluff are two waves in NW that come to mind for me. Very fickle waves but insanely beautiful and I agree that Australia might have the best waves in the world especially when it comes to variety the place is stacked. some of those waves i just can't imagine surfing, huge slabs over 2 feet of live razor coral damn

Thumbs up where women roar and men thunder

Quote Originally Posted by ocsurf32 View Post
    Tombstones and Red Bluff are two waves in NW that come to mind for me. Very fickle waves but insanely beautiful and I agree that Australia might have the best waves in the world especially when it comes to variety the place is stacked. some of those waves i just can't imagine surfing, huge slabs over 2 feet of live razor coral damn
    ocsurf if you want to go let me know - spent about a year there - would happily
    mark-up a roadmap w/surf destinations for you free no strings attached. very beautiful
    country with SOOPER surf and friendly (for the most part) locals. i'll give you a dif
    tour depending on which foot you place forward...

im thinking about moving to oz.i just have to figure out the available work there.i have enough money saved up to go there and be situated for a month or 2,but if I plan on staying I need to find out about the industries they have there.

do u know anything about the real estate value there,or the economy?when it comes to building things from houses to office buildings il be ok.iv been an ironworker for a few years now,have a little bit of experience.i was originally planning to move to spain,but I been keeping my eye on oz for a while now.its warmer,they speak English,and the women are beautiful,not to mention the waves.iv heard plenty success stories about people moving abroad.taj burrows parents are both American,and look at what they bread.jjf mom was originally from nj,now look at her kids.

don't think I hate my country,i just want to see the world and surf great quality waves n be able to take trips to places like indo,maldives,and Fiji.let me know if u know anything about the culture and economy there

Images
    Baddy trailer park that would be sick even though my Australia trip is still more than a year out because I'm in school but I'm defiantly going to the bluff. I'm regular foot but something about that wave draws me in.