LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Quiksilver Pro Gold Coast--Snapper Rocks, Rainbow Bay, Coolangata, yadda yadda LIVE

Well, not live until Friday afternoon (if they even run, I bet they will wait until [their] Sunday or Monday), but here's the link:

http://www.aspworldtour.com/events/m...old-coast/live

Here's the direct YouTube link thanks to viajerodvida:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQwOyRuPmio
    Last edited by Erock; Feb 28, 2014 at 11:47 PM. Reason: The actual live link goes through the ASP now, updated

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Well, not live until Friday afternoon (if they even run, I bet they will wait until [their] Sunday or Monday), but here's the link:

http://www.quiksilver.com/progoldcoast
    gracias Erock

Images
    Yewwww! I'm ready for this season to get going.

Does anyone know who is going to be world champ at the end of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Yewwww! I'm ready for this season to get going.

Does anyone know who is going to be world champ at the end of the year?
    idk i like jjf/gm/nat/sbass - am wondering about the wisdom of BETTING AGAINST KELLY (!!!!!!!????)

I think Jordy is the dark horse for the title. No one, AND I MEAN NO ONE, think's he's going to have a strong year because he just got married and will have his head in the newlywed thing.

I think otherwise.... I think his girl is gonna tell him to get his ass to work so she can have the first ASP Title trophy with the new logo on their mantle for their first anniversary.

That said, I'm shying away from putting him on my FS team for Snapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    That said, I'm shying away from putting him on my FS team for Snapper.
    same. i gained 10lbs in the first 6 months i was married. i can't imagine jordy's been training too diligently, esp. if he's being careful of the injury he suffered at the end of last season. who knows, though. maybe we'll all be scrambling to add him after he walks off w/ the snapper trophy.
    i'm goingto be a huge owen wright fanboy, at least for the moment. i think if he's 100% healthy (& i don't think he'd be coming back if he didn't think he was), he could end up being the dark horse candidate for the title. he's already proven that he's a world beater, besting both slater & fanning multiple times in the past & sat, for a time, at #2 in the world in his second year on the tour. i think he's gonna pull a fanning...come back from a serious injury & win the title w/in 4 years.
    otherwise, i think it's gonna be a fanning/slater rematch...fanning'll want to repeat just to prove that he can, slater is obviously gunning for #12. other than that, i don't think anyone else is *really* in the running, not seriously at least. jjf maybe, but i'm not convinced he's got the competitive mindset dialed in just yet. same for medina & nat young...they're just too young, too over-awed at competing against guys who they looked up to while coming up the ranks. oh, they'll get good results & maybe threaten the top 5, but i think it'll ultimately come down to experience & only the top 3 really have that...slater, fanning, & parko (but let's be honest...parko's won his 1 & only title).

Nothing beats the Parko middle finger mid-barrel to Kelly in the final. Hopefully they get some more epic barrels
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atZiUvv02N4

get-attachment.jpg

Awesome finish

Julian Wilson for the title.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xJohnnyUtahx View Post
    get-attachment.jpg

Awesome finish
    Poor sportsmanship IMO. I know some guys wish he would go away, but Slater keeps the bar nice and high while enhancing our viewing enjoyment. Dudes have no choice but to do their very best when Slade is in the comp and we get to watch the show.

What, no Julian Wilson for the title guys? How about Flores?