LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: 3/2 time?

Hybrid View

Images

3/2 time?

Is the water warm enough yet for a 3/2 wit 3mm boots, hood and gloves for South NJ? Or am I better off bringing my 5mm with hood attached (don't have to wear) and the 3mm boots and gloves? Heading down Sat. to Avalon/Stone Harbor area. I haven't been in in a while but I still think I should go with the 3/2. All feedback is greatly appreciated.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettylife521 View Post
    Is the water warm enough yet for a 3/2 wit 3mm boots, hood and gloves for South NJ? Or am I better off bringing my 5mm with hood attached (don't have to wear) and the 3mm boots and gloves? Heading down Sat. to Avalon/Stone Harbor area. I haven't been in in a while but I still think I should go with the 3/2. All feedback is greatly appreciated.
    Silly rabbit...scrap all of the above. All that you need is a tasty jacket.
    ________
    ZR750K
    Last edited by SkySurfnSnow; Jan 19, 2011 at 04:49 AM.

Images
    Do u mean a 1mm vest/top? Its really that warm? Sorry haven't been in for like 3-4months...been working. Off this weekend and next week tho!!! Stoked!

you should wear a 3/2 at the most. What street will you be at in avalon? I surf in the 21st area.
    ________
    STARCRAFT II REPLAYS
    Last edited by samsurfs; Mar 5, 2011 at 07:57 AM.

Warm

Up In Long Branch, NJ, we've been gettin' some pretty warm water. Last few times i've been out, iv'e been surfing just bareback, no wetsuit needed.

Images
    Alright figured a 3/2 at the most. Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate it. And I'll be down mostly in Stone Harbor by the 100's. Go to Avalon though for food and some mini-golf with family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettylife521 View Post
    only if the water is 55 below do you need to be covered in neoprene, but hey i start barebacking when temps are 65, is it really 70 some deg right now i havent been able to make it to OCMD since i got back from WB

go board shorts and a rash guard. I was fine today and normally im a ***** when it comes to cold water.