LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calii forecast

Calii forecast

http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-foreca...bay-california
    Today
    Double to triple overhead high WSW ground swell for the morning drops into the well overhead to double overhead high zone during the afternoon.
    CONDITIONS

Clean with E winds 15-20mph in the morning shifting ESE 10-15mph in the afternoon.

You know I always wondered why there is so little action on these forums from people out west relative to east coasters. I think it's because they are too busy surfing. One week straight of overhead to double overhead of surf. Who would bother/have time to be posting on a forum. lol

I'm taking a vacation next year for sure to somewhere that gets waves. I wish it wasn't so damn expensive to travel though

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Today
    Double to triple overhead high WSW ground swell for the morning drops into the well overhead to double overhead high zone during the afternoon.
    CONDITIONS

Clean with E winds 15-20mph in the morning shifting ESE 10-15mph in the afternoon.

You know I always wondered why there is so little action on these forums from people out west relative to east coasters. I think it's because they are too busy surfing. One week straight of overhead to double overhead of surf. Who would bother/have time to be posting on a forum. lol

I'm taking a vacation next year for sure to somewhere that gets waves. I wish it wasn't so damn expensive to travel though
    Most Californians use surfline or msw... Don't doubt the value of a true gun out there if you wana charge big waves.. I have a few 5'10 s and figured I needed a step up for my trip so I bought a piny 6'6 and it worked great till 3 mile was at solid 15' and I had to paddle over a mile to get into position and then if I wanted a wave I had to take off under the lip... I got the biggest waves of my life but it was alot of work. Stack your cash and go cali has great big waves but it also has a lot of really perfect waves and slab setups.

3. Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post

well yea east coasters are all certified wannabes, if i lived out in cali no way would i waste my time on forecast websites

E to ESE wind in Santa Cruz = blown out slop. I post, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by SearchForShacks View Post
    Most Californians use surfline or msw... Don't doubt the value of a true gun out there if you wana charge big waves.. I have a few 5'10 s and figured I needed a step up for my trip so I bought a piny 6'6 and it worked great till 3 mile was at solid 15' and I had to paddle over a mile to get into position and then if I wanted a wave I had to take off under the lip... I got the biggest waves of my life but it was alot of work. Stack your cash and go cali has great big waves but it also has a lot of really perfect waves and slab setups.
    Try paddling a bodyboard sometimes. It will give all new meaning to the term difficult(impossible) paddle out lol I need a spot where there's lots of time in between sets or paddling channel with waves like that.

Images
    Huge swell out there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Try paddling a bodyboard sometimes. It will give all new meaning to the term difficult(impossible) paddle out lol I need a spot where there's lots of time in between sets or paddling channel with waves like that.
    Bro. You mean try paddling it out the six yards to get it to the end periphery of shorebreak barrels in OC? Ya bro. That's serious paddle length bro. Right. We are all real sorry for you guys - with all those barrells you get and speedbumpish kook actions by the guilty parties. Not to say it doesn't stoke me to the gills to see a sponger enclosed in a perfect shack, at which point I give da braddah firm props bc green room is green room.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Bro. You mean try paddling it out the six yards to get it to the end periphery of shorebreak barrels in OC? Ya bro. That's serious paddle length bro. Right. We are all real sorry for you guys - with all those barrells you get and speedbumpish kook actions by the guilty parties. Not to say it doesn't stoke me to the gills to see a sponger enclosed in a perfect shack, at which point I give da braddah firm props bc green room is green room.
    Who was talking about that? I was talking about taking it to actual non shore breaks.

Images
    Holy crap you're not kidding. Looks like the hawaii forecast.

Images
    He's talking about magic, if you don't have a wand, you don't know.