LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold

Images

Cold

I cannot stand this cold crap. Fun looking lefts coming through that have a little opening to em. Go to throw my suit on, power the soloshot up, then the contemplating comes through my mind. Its too damn cold out there. I just wanna be back in boardshorts with 70deg air temps. Lets all take a swellinfo trip somewhere warm and inviting.....BelMar.

Your in NC dude it barely dips below 52 water temp in Jan-Feb... what's it like 70 degrees in the water right now

Quote Originally Posted by Dune View Post
    I cannot stand this cold crap. Fun looking lefts coming through that have a little opening to em. Go to throw my suit on, power the soloshot up, then the contemplating comes through my mind. Its too damn cold out there. I just wanna be back in boardshorts with 70deg air temps. Lets all take a swellinfo trip somewhere warm and inviting.....BelMar.
    yeah bro. Not feeling the slightest bit bad for you

Dune that's about the dumbest post you've made since your joke about the Boston marathon bombing. What a kook.

I know. It was freezing here surfing today in Florida. Ocean was only 74-76 and air started at 59 and didn't get higher than 77. The wind really chilled us. Luckily we all had our wetsuites on. A huge spinner shark leaped up only ten feet from one of my buddies. Thought it would land right on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Iloveswell View Post
    Your in NC dude it barely dips below 52 water temp in Jan-Feb... what's it like 70 degrees in the water right now
    Water temps on the island average around 45 jan-march, up north in Nags head where dunebilly's at its colder. Both spots can dip into the 30's though. Surfed the lighthouse today, it was ehhhh, but water was probably 60, and air was maybe 45. 3/2 boots and hood for the NW wind.

I have to say I don't mind the cold. Cold = space to move about and better surf. Warmth = crowds, surf schools, traffic, and parking nightmares.

The Carolinas in winter are my September. I'm in a 6/5 by now in nh/me. Air in 30s, occasional 20s, and a wind somptn fierce. Water in the 50s and dropping. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dune View Post
    P1160580.jpg

P1160596.jpg

Tell me about it, it was warmer in Iceland last weekend.

Ryan

Sick Ryan.... How big are those waves? Looks waist to chest but it's always hard to tell at a distance & in an unfamiliar spot.

Post up some more pics & tell us about it (maybe in another thread). I've heard good things about surfing Iceland. Does Bjork shred? Is the light like surfing a 6 hour DP? Any shark/Kraken sightings?

I REALLY hope this is the prevalent attitude for the East Coast this winter. It's only November. I will be So stoked.