LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 321

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    1,441
    Images
    8

    Carver quiver (Or other surf trainers)

    Post up your carver or whatever dryland equipment you use to better your surfing.

    I've been on the carver way more than I've been able to surf lately and it definitely helps me keep the small edge I have.
    IMG_7027[1].jpg
    The deck is not an actual carver deck but I had this one that I didn't use so I just bought the trucks.

    Here is my "break". It's across the street from my office and it seems to be going off every day during lunch. I follow the right-angle cracks and try to hit them with as much speed as close to the line as possible without spinning out the tail. I've gotten couple funny looks by people wondering what the 31yo white boy in khakis was doing.
    IMG_7024[1].jpg

  2. #2
    photo (14).JPG

    I already have the C7 trucks with a bad ass Powell Peralta reissue. But I just recently did one better. I wanted to get the best bowl ridiing board a surfer could ask for: 16.5 wheelbase andrew kessler deck (wheelbase distance should be half your inseam, as general rule for bowl riding), 64mm, 88a wheels and the new CX.4 carver trucks. This thing rips!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    1,016
    Images
    24
    035.jpg Not a carver, but is just like one and 100 bucks cheaper.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    035.jpg Not a carver, but is just like one and 100 bucks cheaper.
    There's nothing like a Carver. Get on one and you'll see why. If you're looking to save money then get the C7 truck pair and throw them on any deck.

    People who haven't been on a Carver think they know what we are talking about when we describe our experience on them. You'll laugh at how you thought anything else for a skate even moderately resembled a surfboard once you're on a Carver.
    Last edited by EmassSpicoli; Mar 4, 2014 at 04:04 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    OC MD
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    035.jpg Not a carver, but is just like one and 100 bucks cheaper.
    i have the same one but without the trackpad. i put some swiss bones on it and MAN it flies. even with loose trucks for carving it wont get the speed-wobbles now matter how fast you are bombing a hill. A+ cruiser.

    i still have the big stock wheels which are great because it rolls right over rocks, but its REAL hard to get those wheels to break loose for slides. if i want to do some real sliding i gotta use my normal board because those globe wheels grip so damn hard.

    i dont know much about carver but the ...lost boards are not that bad. they are definitely more cruisy and not the hill-bombers like the globes or arbors. my friend has a ...lost RNF style cruiser with the super-swallow tail. really intense tail rocker, and the the deck feels a little convex to me, which isnt particularly my style but maybe i am spoiled by how nice my globe board is.


    the globe boards are nice because you can still skate aggressively with them if you want. i am not the best skater but i have plenty of friends who are and they love carving bowls with my globe. it has plenty of pop too, i can ollie just as high with it as a normal deck even though it is heavier.
    Last edited by Debasahh; Oct 14, 2014 at 12:38 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    628
    Nice rides, fellas. I don't own one, but I hear so much about these on here that it has me thinking about it. At this point I'm fairly certain that Emass is a sales rep for Carver so maybe he can hook me up

    So what's the deal with Indo boards? Are those things fun? Useful at all? I'm always looking for new ways to break my ankles, and Indo boards and Carvers look perfect for that.

    Below is the tool that eventually got me into surfing. I got this baby way back in 1996. It's still in great shape, and considered an antique when it comes to wakeboards.

    $T2eC16h,!)!FIdOHYrHvBSRKv2Rciw~~60_35.JPG

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    1,441
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    Nice rides, fellas. I don't own one, but I hear so much about these on here that it has me thinking about it. At this point I'm fairly certain that Emass is a sales rep for Carver so maybe he can hook me up

    So what's the deal with Indo boards? Are those things fun? Useful at all? I'm always looking for new ways to break my ankles, and Indo boards and Carvers look perfect for that.

    Below is the tool that eventually got me into surfing. I got this baby way back in 1996. It's still in great shape, and considered an antique when it comes to wakeboards.

    $T2eC16h,!)!FIdOHYrHvBSRKv2Rciw~~60_35.JPG
    I forgot about my indo board. It's good for balance and I get a good burn from doing squats on it. There are some good exercises here http://indoboard.com/roller_exercises.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    628
    Wow, those Indo's are pricey. I think I might make my own..seems really simple. Maybe I can become a highly sought after indo shaper.

    670px-Build-a-Balance-Board-Intro.jpg

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    1,441
    Images
    8
    You definitely can. I was a little bit annoyed when I got one as a Christmas present from my wife but I did end up liking it. Let me know how yours works out.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rhody
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    You definitely can. I was a little bit annoyed when I got one as a Christmas present from my wife but I did end up liking it. Let me know how yours works out.
    My son and I made our own "Goof Boards." Easy and cheap.