LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Immediately felt a little better on a surfboard after skating a few weeks. I should have done this a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    Immediately felt a little better on a surfboard after skating a few weeks. I should have done this a long time ago.
    Welcome to the Carver Club Broski! Glad you picked one up, it's really night / day after you get going on one of these. You've already experienced it... it just gets betta and betta!

Braddahs - you haven't felt freedom til you rip pave barefoot on the Carver in front of your favorite break. If you thought the surfskate was the perfect mechanical supplement to surfing, well riding it with naked feets triples that real feel.

FLY A BANNER FOR FLATNESS MELANCHOLY CURED BY BAREFOOT SURFSKATING

just picked up a new san clemente (stained glass 3) for $60

i hate this thing.....too flexy

Bro. That's like comparing a Bic to a Coil...

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Bro. That's like comparing a Bic to a Coil...

pretty sure this thing is worse than that

ughhh

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Braw did you score that Green Room 34? It's the chronic. Wasn't I holding onto my Spaceman 36 Pintail for you to score?

Hey CorduROY247, sounds like you're stoked on the Carver. Wait til you rip so much pave that when you hop in your whip to drive somewhere and see a bank or ramp you pull in there without braking and try to throw a hack with your car/truck. I'm not kidding. You'll feel the need to do this, but I wouldn't suggest yielding to the urge.

Anywayz Carver braddahs, I've been thinking lately that I need to start riding some switch to even out the calf development from the back foot pumping like mad on the tail. I go up hills and inclines every sesh so add that to the dominance of the back foot on pumping flats and my left calf (goofy) has gotta be getting disproportionately bigger than the right. I've been pushing with foot lately too and that doesn't help things because I'm putting that left foot to the street for the kick to get speed and that's like a heavy calf raise rep every time, especially uphill. I could push mongo but that's both awkwardly slower and über geigh so no thanks. I figure riding switch on the Carver is a good prelude to going switch in surfing and while I need all the work I can get with my normal stance I don't see switch riding hurting my surfing or my skating.

Feel free to keep posting your Carver score reports here bros. There's always a swell for the pave.
    Haha, you saw that too on the Bean Town CL. I went back and forth with the chick selling it, but we could never settle on a time and place to make the deal. I even went to the scrap yard three times to raise the appropriate funds.

And dude, I wrote back to your PM about the pin tail and you never responded! What the dilly!!?? I think your account is completely jammed with PM's and the like. You gots ta clean dat sh!t out.

Long-time forum creeper, first-time poster:

I live in the Baltimore area and was looking for something to keep me sane when I don't have the time/money/stoke to drive to the often fickle OCMD. Bought a Loaded Dervish used from a kid a while back and thought it would be the best skateboard that shares some surf-like qualities... until I saw this thread about Carver boards.

I used to skateboard when I was younger, so I've had fun cruising around and playing with the flex of the Dervish. I'm able to walk tail to nose a little too, and I've had mediocre success sliding. However, I don't see myself bombing many hills or pushing the limit on carving and sliding at fast speeds - falling on concrete at those speeds just aint worth it IMO.

I have the board up for sale on craigslist now (linked below). My question: given the above, would a Carver board be that much different/offer more fun with less risk of breaking my wrist or tearing me up on asphalt? Maybe I'm just a sissy and aren't cut out for dryland boarding anymore? I've seen videos and those Carver trucks look unreal.

Here the posting for the Dervish: http://baltimore.craigslist.org/spo/4533338840.html

I know it's pricey. Willing to settle for $200 or trade for an equivalent Carver.

The carver is going to be different that what you are used to. At first it basically felt like the front truck was barley attached to the board. After you spend a couple of hours on it, it becomes your best friend. Im not going to say there is less risk of injury, it was sketchy at first for myself, but I love it now and can't/won't go back to standard trucks. When you get more cozy on it you will be able to take higher speed and throw some nice slides... grab the rail and dip into turns etc.. it is the bomb. I have a tantien and it colelcts dust now. I use it to SUP with my homemade paddle lol.... deff get the carver.

On another note, I need wheels bro's. Mostly for street. Someone link me to a nice wheel. Was thinking of going with a 4president Otangs but I kinda want to try a different brand. I like the 70mm size and am cool with an 83a duro.. if anything i would go a little harder not softer (no homo)...

OldSoul - I just threw on Pink Seven O's 70mm 81a (the blue ones, not pink, but they're called "Pink") two days ago after my Roundhouse wheels were so gnarly from thousands of hours and miles that I was able to slide them too much and they weren't grabbing as well for propulsion. When you go back to fresh wheels and don't slide automatically on a hard pump (I shove tail and throw arms on most hard pumps - keep it full body movement) it's kind of weird! Also sounds different and almost synthetic. These are square lip just like the Roundhouses. I rolled with the O-tang Kilmers in the fall and those are way slidier and also round lip.

I've been hitting hills and just carving them, not needing to boardslide for braking. Carving a fair incline at 20-30mph isn't bad at all once you've got the handle on these beasts. I don't fall too much anymore because of all the sand, ice, snow, rocks, potholes and such that I encounter Carving 52wks/yr, and when I'm about to these days it's more of a safety runoff. A major key to falling the right way on the Carver is to have front foot pointed more forward than perpendicular just like your surf stance. You fall when your toes are towards the rail and you're bumming - landing right on the hip.

MA - My inbox regurgitates on itself daily here. I try to keep it clean but there are too many valuable or funny PMs from members that I keep on file for reference. Tons of great info guys have given me. Hollar at me again, we can talk about the Pintail.

metard, you get on a C7 yet bro?

mrcoop, where's the latest vid from you?

Between work and wahines and surfing (when possible), this isn't a big Carver month for me but I'm still getting 3-5 hours a week on it. Pretty stoked to crank it up in August when we get some pro footage with my bud's film crew with drones overhead and all sorts of moving cams. Will be the dope show on the coastal routes and some local parks plus traditional skate vid antics around town.

Even when I'm too busy for a full sesh in a day I still hit the store or sammich shop at lunch or go do some errand so I can get pumping on pave. It's kind of like a cigarette for me, I can't go too long throughout the day without a few minutes on the Carver. Big kid recess.

In the winter, I'm pushing 3-5 hours a day because of cabin fever and on west coast trips sometimes 5+ in a day if the surf's not up and Honeyton dtown pave is macking. Boom.