LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSoul View Post
    Carver Resin with some o-tangs... anyone else rotate the wheels every once and a while to keep them wearing evenly? Attachment 10449
    My back wheels wear down much quicker than the front wheels. And also the outside wears quicker than the inside of the wheels.
    So i flip the wheels inside out and change front and back wheels from time to time. Also means i only buy center set wheels for my carver.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSoul View Post
    I busted by c7 a few months back, was a pain to get out but I had a matching bolt so it worked out.. greased up the inners and tightened up the springs... felt brand new Attachment 10451
    How did you manage to get it out? Looks like it is pushed in harder than on a traditional truck.
    Luckily my kingpin hasn't broken yet but definitely worries me when doing grinds.
    C7-kingpin.jpg

I have been doing some minor grinding...no problems with trucks yet. Skated at night only to realize I was skating the board backwards...not good. Been thinking about pulling out my sons orange tangs and swapping them out on the carver. What makes wheel go faster? Bearings or wheels or combo of both. Hearing some noise in one of my bearings. May switch out a new set of bearings...any suggestions for bearings?

The whole system affects the speed. Appropriate wheels for the surface. Good, clean well lubricated bearings. Fitting spacers. Speed rings on the inside and outside of the wheel.

Considering bearings here's some good info:
    http://www.silverfishlongboarding.co...-bearings.html
    http://wiki.silverfishlongboarding.c...ation_and_FAQs
    http://www.skateboard-city.com/messa...ad.php?t=20761

I tend to geek out on technical details but in the end i decided that most half decent bearings probably do the job as long as you maintain them (rubber shields on one side is a must for me).

I tend to ride them till they make sounds and then clean them with Bones cleaning unit and 97% alcohol and then relube with Bones Speed Cream.

At the moment i ride:
    SKF bearings with metal shields on one side and red rubber shields on the other and metal ball cages (really durable, have been riding them for years)
    Bones Reds which have a rubber shield on one side and are unshielded on the other with nylon ball cages (just recently started riding them)

One could argue that Boned are easier to clean but also are more open to dirt on the inside.
    Still undecided if prefer metal or nylon ball cages. Also one of the Bones Reds bearings started to make sounds and didn't work properly anymore after a couple hours of riding. After cleaning and relubing it was fine though. Let's see how they do in the long term.

The Carver guys seem to favor metal cages:
    https://carverskateboards.myshopify....hield-bearings

Double rubber shields are nice as well. Has anybody tried the carver bearings?

Dudes, I'm assuming these are way less cool than Carvers, but what's up with these RipStick contraptions? My niece got one for her b-day yesterday and within 10 mins I was riding that bad boy. It was fun! And $50...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    Dudes, I'm assuming these are way less cool than Carvers, but what's up with these RipStick contraptions? My niece got one for her b-day yesterday and within 10 mins I was riding that bad boy. It was fun! And $50...
    They're the boogieboards of carvers.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    They're the boogieboards of carvers.
    Ok, good. I'm an uncoordinated and overweight 12 year-old from a land-locked state, so that's perfect.

I'm kidding, spongers. You're all okay in my book, and probably Wayne's book too. See ya in the shore pound.

does the longboard skateboard/carver or whatever u call them really help ur surfing?i skated before I surfed,a traditional skateboard where u do kickflips and such.dont really think it helped me,but it does help learn how to pump down the line and gain speed.i like to run up broken trees in the woods above cliffs,helps with ur balance and to not panic.commitment is key.even if u think something bad will happen just go for it and ya might make it

cep - of course it (Carver) helps our surfing. Greatly. We say it all the time here. We also say that it's a different world from longboarding and skateboarding. Not even close. Get a Carver bruh. Join the brigade.

Oh and if you're talking about parkour, I love that stuff and definitely feel it doesn't hurt surfing or balance etc.

Skateboarding and carver are two different feeling animals. Carvers really aren't made for doing crazy tricks like a regular skate and a regular skate can't carve or give you that surfing feel you get from a carver. They just feel totally different.