LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Yes coop, this is what we like to hear. It will keep improving exponentially the more you go HAM. Post up some footage! Your first clip was the impetus for me throwing laybacks differently and much better.

And yes, the crowd does love it. I swear bro, they've never seen anything like this but it all makes sense to them. The 8 and under crowd are bewildered, the 65 and over crowd watch and smile, and everyone in between either yells out of love or hate. The best sessions are when no one's anywhere in sight though - just you and the pave.

Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    This is my quiver. Standard issue Taylor Knox:
    Attachment 10839 Attachment 10840

1981 Powell & Peralta "Steve Caballero" deck with original set up purchase from 17th Street VA Beach in the early 80s. Indy Trucks and Sims Street Wheels.
    Attachment 10841 Attachment 10842

Question for the SI brain trust. I am considering selling this one to raise money for a charitable cause. What might I get for this classic? Please PM me with any thoughts (I don't want to get this thread off topic).
    I got the same Taylor Knox as you, and use to have one of those O.G. Powell Peralta's too, but back then I didn't think to keep any of my old decks, I just beat them into the ground and then tossed em. Super cool that you have one these days, that's like an antique now! HAHA

Awesome post. Thanks for this discussion.
    I've just opened my rider's website. I'm going to use some comments there to inspire my next articles about surf Skates Strainers.
    For the moment I just invite you to leave some comments on my first Carver Skates article : http://bit.ly/chooseyourcarver

I can leave more comment about surf Skates, Carver, CX / C7 Truck if it can helps here because I've been riding these boards for years. More articles are coming !!!
    Thanks, for the support.
    Cheers from south of france.
    Olivier
    Last edited by oliv.railey; May 6, 2014 at 11:15 PM.

Here ya go emass....this one is speed pumping, which I need to do power slides and hard carves, completely flat here...need to make my own speed...hard carves and slides next installment...wheels are really starting to slide with quick hard pumps...May need to try something a tad softer to increase speed.

http://youtu.be/1IIgaFvW86g

Getting together with my family Mother's Day weekend...they live in mountainous/hilly country...me, my bros and nephews gonna skate...looking forward to the trip...flat surf anyway, perfect timing.
    Last edited by mrcoop; May 6, 2014 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oliv.railey View Post
    Awesome post. Thanks for this discussion.
    I've just opened my rider's website. I'm going to use some comments there to inspire my next articles about surf Skates Strainers.
    For the moment I just invite you to leave some comments on my first Carver Skates article : http://bit.ly/chooseyourcarver

I can leave more comment about surf Skates, Carver, CX / C7 Truck if it can helps here because I've been riding these boards for years. More articles are coming !!!
    Thanks, for the support.
    Cheers from south of france.
    Olivier
    Nice profile video of the board!

Hello surfer's,
    I've got one new Article about surf skating : http://bit.ly/surf-skating-worldwide
    I'm about to write full reviews in English with videos tutorials about surf Skates, Carver, CX / C7 Truck soon.
    Keet ip up : Cheers.
    Olivier
    Last edited by oliv.railey; May 8, 2014 at 10:32 AM.

Hello surfer's,
    I've got one new Article about surf skating : http://bit.ly/surf-skating-worldwide
    I'm about to write full reviews in English with videos tutorials about surf Skates, Carver, CX / C7 Truck soon.
    Keet ip up : Cheers.
    Olivier
    I've seen most of those vids and the SmoothStar truck is something I want to get a sample of and try out. Looks like it could be similar to the C7 but is less sophisticated (not necessarily a bad thing, so is the CX.4). Ben Collison is ripping in that video and aside from the airs and transitions, it's how I've been focusing my riding on lately at the parks.

Love when he says something like "I just ride this, I don't even like walking anymore".

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Looks like it could be similar to the C7 but is less sophisticated (not necessarily a bad thing, so is the CX.4). Ben Collison is ripping in that video and aside from the airs and transitions, it's how I've been focusing my riding on lately at the parks.
    Hey Emass,
    as for me I've ridden both CX / C7 / Smoothstar truck. And work in a shop selling CARVERS. I can tell if you want to do SOME AIR Tricks reverts and Hollies / BOWL riding on a Short Board (less then 34") Go for CX or smoothstar. They are defenitely less sophisticated indeed and they handle GRINDS and AIRS like no other !!! (and they work awesome on Short Skateboards)

But If you want a larger deck more than 33"/34" as a real surf powerfull trainer ... if you want to have a real SMOOTH SURF trainer who performs so good on larger and longer boards ... As long as I can tell, nothing beats the C7. In the carver range, the +34 boards : GREENROOM, LOLA, VENICE, Hot Dogger ... are really unbeatable in recreating the Surf motion !

Cheers.
    Oli

Hey Emass,
    as for me I've ridden both CX / C7 / Smoothstar truck. And work in a shop selling CARVERS. I can tell if you want to do SOME AIR Tricks reverts and Hollies / BOWL riding on a Short Board (less then 34") Go for CX or smoothstar. They are defenitely less sophisticated indeed and they handle GRINDS and AIRS like no other !!! (and they work awesome on Short Skateboards)

But If you want a larger deck more than 33"/34" as a real surf powerfull trainer ... if you want to have a real SMOOTH SURF trainer who performs so good on larger and longer boards ... As long as I can tell, nothing beats the C7. In the carver range, the +34 boards : GREENROOM, LOLA, VENICE, Hot Dogger ... are really unbeatable in recreating the Surf motion !

Cheers.
    Oli
    Bro your statements are fairly consistent with mine and the others in this thread. I feel like the main limitation from my Green Room and most other Carvers vs. the others are the weight of the C7 and heavier deck as well as lack of concaves like a traditional popsicle stick. Working on Ollies with the heavier Carvers but it's a chore. Got a CX.4 on a popsicle stick now and that's so, so light.

Hey
    i am a surfer from germany and looking forward to get a carver skateboard for surf training.
    since we are kind of landlocked, i just can go surfing for about 6 weeks a year.
    i can ride green waves and go up and down the wave a little bit (no advanced moves like cut backs . In the water i ride a very floaty 7'0'' egg shape (about 45L) and a very big 6'1'' retro fish. Both boards have lots of volume. I want to get a carver for improving my surfing when i am not at the ocean (like most of the time) and to learn that pumping and turning moves. I have never skateboarded before, but lots of people say, the carvers get very close to surfing
    In the water i would like to get a very relaxed surfing style with longer turns and smooth floaty rides. I am not interested in radical moves (and will never be good enough for it I am looking for a skateboard to practice this style. I would like to use the board in the flats (no downhill skating) and it should be as close to surfing as possible. It would be great if i could keep the board going just by easy "pumping" without the need to use one of my feed to push it.
    i thought about a flying manta, greenroom or USA resin complete board. Am i on the right track there?
    Which one would you recommend? I also don't know if i should go for C7 or CX trucks. The people at carver recommended the new CX trucks but for my needs the C7 seems to be better suited. What do you think would suit best for me (5.7 and 155lbs)?

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by sefu; May 13, 2014 at 12:02 PM.