LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Love my c7's...never tried the cx. I rode the resin this weekend and was sweet...I have the taylor now and love it...think they are the same length, shape is the only thing different, not sure tho. the 31" deck seems perfect for me but thinking about going longer. IMO, The carver is as close as you are gonna get to surfing. It is great on flats and is excellent for long drawn out turns. You will be hooked! My nephew road mine, next day, bought the resin...he is stoked too and never really skated, mainly surfs and snow boards. Get ONE!

I rode my nephews board (resin) and his board was loose. Absolutely freaking loved it loose. Never thought about loosening mine, never touched it when I bought it...loosened the trucks and man what a difference...got more stoke!
    Last edited by mrcoop; May 13, 2014 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sefu View Post
    Hey
    i am a surfer from germany and looking forward to get a carver skateboard for surf training.
    since we are kind of landlocked, i just can go surfing for about 6 weeks a year.
    i can ride green waves and go up and down the wave a little bit (no advanced moves like cut backs . In the water i ride a very floaty 7'0'' egg shape (about 45L) and a very big 6'1'' retro fish. Both boards have lots of volume. I want to get a carver for improving my surfing when i am not at the ocean (like most of the time) and to learn that pumping and turning moves. I have never skateboarded before, but lots of people say, the carvers get very close to surfing
    In the water i would like to get a very relaxed surfing style with longer turns and smooth floaty rides. I am not interested in radical moves (and will never be good enough for it I am looking for a skateboard to practice this style. I would like to use the board in the flats (no downhill skating) and it should be as close to surfing as possible. It would be great if i could keep the board going just by easy "pumping" without the need to use one of my feed to push it.
    i thought about a flying manta, greenroom or USA resin complete board. Am i on the right track there?
    Which one would you recommend? I also don't know if i should go for C7 or CX trucks. The people at carver recommended the new CX trucks but for my needs the C7 seems to be better suited. What do you think would suit best for me (5.7 and 155lbs)?

Thanks a lot
    Deutsch bro, you'll do guten with a 31" deck at your height but I wouldn't rule out a 34" Green Room either since that is the Carver I find to be the most surfy. You'll be able to pump for days and yes, you want the C7 for your purposes. Why don't you want to get radical though at some point? You should drink some Mountain Dew, that would help. To say you're "not good enough" for mad rad moves simply means you haven't practiced those enough. It's not like you're physically incapable of it. Now, if you simply prefer the more flowy style of surfing rather than aggressive hacks, that's your own choice. To say you can't do it would be incorrect.

You want the C7 for sure if you're all about the pumping and the flow. CX is still a Carver (thus way different from a regular skate) but a lot closer to a regular skate truck than a C7.

Above all else, to improve your surfing, you're gonna want to use at least twice as many smiley faces in your posts and texts and all form of the written word. You'll be pleased with the result Deutsch bro.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoop View Post
    I rode my nephews board (resin) and his board was loose. Absolutely freaking loved it loose. Never thought about loosening mine, never touched it when I bought it...loosened the trucks and man what a difference...got more stoke!
    coop, I keep the bolt loose as hell on my Revert Koi to just go HAM with. It's the board I used back in the fall to really start hammering slides and the start to laybacks. Looser trucks, slidier round lip wheels and riding in the rain and that thing was on ice. Mad fun. Great experimentation that I went up levels from. I tighten/loosen the adjuster bolt on the C7 all the time. Lately, I've liked it tighter so I can get more projection and speed from my pumps and for increased linear stability (especially in the bowls) and I'll make up for that on turns by really throwing the body into surf-like hacks with big shoves on the tail foot.

When you take your C7 apart to clean and re-grease, DO NOT re-grease the adjuster bolt/spring. In doing so, it will loosen very quickly on its own (like within minutes) and all of a sudden you have a C7 that completely lacks return to center tension and you don't even know it. Feels broken when it's too loose.

I've longboarded (skate) for a while and I've wanted a carver ever since I found out about them. So, a couple weeks ago I finally was able to demo one (resin), and I couldn't believe the difference. I've pumped around on my Arbor Waterman, but that's a joke compared to the carver, so I bought a C7 Greenroom on the spot, and I've been obsessed with it since. After a couple Carver sessions I tried to ride my longboard, but I couldn't because the Carver is so much more fun now.

I've skated the same neighborhood for years, but with the carver every sidewalk, driveway, curb is a new wave to shred. I even carved all the way over to an industrial park near my house and was stoked to carve all the new pavement and empty parking garages there. I'm already thinking that I want to get a board with the CX truck (maybe eggbeater) to experience more of what Carver has to offer. Just writing this right now makes me want to go out so bad, but I have to wait until later

Last weekend I talked my boy at the surf shop into letting me take home to store demo (Resin) for a few days. I hadn't been on a skateboard in 20 years, but it came pretty naturally (considering...). Anyway, had a blast with it. Currently trying to work a deal for a used Green Room. Hope it pans out...I'm dreading the flat months ahead of us!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    Last weekend I talked my boy at the surf shop into letting me take home to store demo (Resin) for a few days. I hadn't been on a skateboard in 20 years, but it came pretty naturally (considering...). Anyway, had a blast with it. Currently trying to work a deal for a used Green Room. Hope it pans out...I'm dreading the flat months ahead of us!!
    Braw did you score that Green Room 34? It's the chronic. Wasn't I holding onto my Spaceman 36 Pintail for you to score?

Hey CorduROY247, sounds like you're stoked on the Carver. Wait til you rip so much pave that when you hop in your whip to drive somewhere and see a bank or ramp you pull in there without braking and try to throw a hack with your car/truck. I'm not kidding. You'll feel the need to do this, but I wouldn't suggest yielding to the urge.

Anywayz Carver braddahs, I've been thinking lately that I need to start riding some switch to even out the calf development from the back foot pumping like mad on the tail. I go up hills and inclines every sesh so add that to the dominance of the back foot on pumping flats and my left calf (goofy) has gotta be getting disproportionately bigger than the right. I've been pushing with foot lately too and that doesn't help things because I'm putting that left foot to the street for the kick to get speed and that's like a heavy calf raise rep every time, especially uphill. I could push mongo but that's both awkwardly slower and über geigh so no thanks. I figure riding switch on the Carver is a good prelude to going switch in surfing and while I need all the work I can get with my normal stance I don't see switch riding hurting my surfing or my skating.

Feel free to keep posting your Carver score reports here bros. There's always a swell for the pave.

Images
    An old grumpy smoker lady just kicked me off the perfect smooth street across the road from my house. Now I have nowhere to go. She pulled up in her old hag car and said, "Hey! No skateboarding!" Picture that in the most annoying old lady voice ever.
    Last edited by RIsurfer; May 22, 2014 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    An old grumpy smoker lady just kicked me off the perfect smooth street across the road from my house. Now I have nowhere to go. She pulled up in her old hag car and said, "Hey! No skateboarding!" Picture that in the most annoying old lady voice ever.
    Well, Grommett, if you were stoked on a Carver when she ripped you one you could've said "this isn't a skateboard lady." Stick to the topic bro. This is about Carver enlightenment. Not turning your penny board into a "cruiser" (hate that term!).

Got my carver back up and running.. The kit came with new bushings (greenish looking ones as opposed to the red) anyway it felt great to carve again all day yesterday. Still fine tuning the tension on the spring bolt to find that sweet spot but what a blast. Thinking of getting another complete... you guys with the greenroom, is it a noticeably different feel to the shorter boards? Im on a resin.

seems like a good deal
    Carver Greenroom skateboard - $160 (Del Cerro )

34" Carver Greenroom skateboard in excellent condition - skated very little and only in a flat parking lot. It has the C7 trucks so you can pump it like a surfboard - great for conditioning, developing muscle memory, and just having fun on the days that there's no surf. Cash only, no trades.