LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,448

    Florida Winter Waves

    This is what Winter has been like around these parts, it's been really fun the past few months. Hope the Spring is just as good, enjoy...

    http://www.gulfster.com/Daily/2014Pi...4ec/index.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,448
    There have been much bigger days but when it's this clean I would sacrifice a little bit of size

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,510
    Images
    5
    Had a friend down in Indiatlantic for the past two months who was driving me nuts with the pictures. It seemed like it was knee to waist everyday with bigger days thrown in every week or so. Crazy how the swell gets thrown at that coast while we are suffering from cold north winds. I wanted to make the trip so bad but couldn't get away. Still got at least 10 solid days in up here, albeit the coldest water I have felt I over 10 years.
    Last edited by Zippy; Mar 4, 2014 at 04:36 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    VA Beach
    Posts
    1,107
    Thanks for the pics. Love Florida -ever since I was a kid and we spent a summer vacation driving through the state, as well as when I was stationed in P'cola while in the Navy. My wife wants no part of it. She's afraid of the state: gators, pythons, sinkholes, swamps, & hurricanes. She didn't mind the earthquakes when we lived in CA. I digress.
    In your photos, the water itself really looks really nice too compared to up here (VB). Although two Sundays ago was the clearest I've seen it here in a long time. Beautiful. Last Sunday, it was brown, very murky, and smelled fishy. Of course, we're near the outlet of the Chesapeake Bay, the James and Elizabeth Rivers.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    anywhere there is surf
    Posts
    670
    Images
    2
    Sunday and Monday have been really, really fun. First time w/o a wetsuit top, freedom at last.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Had a friend down in Indiatlantic for the past two months who was driving me nuts with the pictures. It seemed like it was knee to waist everyday with bigger days thrown in every week or so. Crazy how the swell gets thrown at that coast while we are suffering from cold north winds. I wanted to make the trip so bad but couldn't get away. Still got at least 10 solid days in up here, albeit the coldest water I have felt I over 10 years.
    I spent a lot of time down that way, wonder if we've crossed paths. Yeah it's almost always at least knee to waist with the occasional chest to head plus day here and there. Glad everybody enjoyed the pics!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,448
    Quote Originally Posted by fl.surfdog View Post
    Sunday and Monday have been really, really fun. First time w/o a wetsuit top, freedom at last.
    Sunday was bigger but not quite as clean, I got some really good ones though, freedom indeed!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,448
    Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    Thanks for the pics. Love Florida -ever since I was a kid and we spent a summer vacation driving through the state, as well as when I was stationed in P'cola while in the Navy. My wife wants no part of it. She's afraid of the state: gators, pythons, sinkholes, swamps, & hurricanes. She didn't mind the earthquakes when we lived in CA. I digress.
    In your photos, the water itself really looks really nice too compared to up here (VB). Although two Sundays ago was the clearest I've seen it here in a long time. Beautiful. Last Sunday, it was brown, very murky, and smelled fishy. Of course, we're near the outlet of the Chesapeake Bay, the James and Elizabeth Rivers.
    Haha tell wifey there is nothing to worry about, been here my whole life, the news and media make it sound scary

  9. #9
    Those are great pictures DP! is that you having all that fun?

    I have been down with the Flu for over two weeks now and in the Penalty Box. I've so missed getting out there. Some day.....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    593
    Wow, man. Super jealous. We've had some good swells this winter, but nothing close to that clean. Seeing that shirtless dude made me a tad angry

    -5F this morning. Here's what my home break looks like.

    Goochs.jpg