LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Images
    I don't want to say I'm jealous, BUT....

can't wait for 50 degree water.

Images
    Mad Atom, that picture looks perfect. How big is it, about knee to waist? -5 is a bit cold, lol.

Florida juice! Headed south so I can surf without a rubber!

Images
    I spent a lot of time down that way, wonder if we've crossed paths. Yeah it's almost always at least knee to waist with the occasional chest to head plus day here and there. Glad everybody enjoyed the pics!
    Could have, he did have pictures on a few of the smaller days with someone on a sup in the background. He's a tall thin guy, blond hair, goofy foot, who has a condo right on the beach. He was on the beach every day with his wife (who also surfs) and two small boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Mad Atom, that picture looks perfect. How big is it, about knee to waist? -5 is a bit cold, lol.
    More like ankle-shin. I have a 10'2" LB that I wouldn't bother taking out in that, and I enjoy small days just fine. The end of this week thru the weekend looks great, though.

Images
    The lines look really nice, we have a few cams that I can't gauge wave heights from. How are the winters up there? I have always loved Maine and had the dream that I would love to move there. I don't even mean for surfing, just in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    The lines look really nice, we have a few cams that I can't gauge wave heights from. How are the winters up there? I have always loved Maine and had the dream that I would love to move there. I don't even mean for surfing, just in general.
    This winter is the worst I can remember. Lots of snow, but that ain't the issue. I think we've had less than 20 days when it's been above 0F in the morning. I'm serious...so damn cold.

I have not lived in Maine my whole life, but have been coming here since I was 8. I always wanted to move here, but it was tough to make the right career move to make it happen. I'll never move away...you can't beat it. Ocean, lakes, mountains, woods, no crime, excellent schools, craft beer, etc.. To me, it's perfect.

I went cocoa beach during the winter but the waves weren't that impresive

Images
    I have not lived in Maine my whole life, but have been coming here since I was 8. I always wanted to move here, but it was tough to make the right career move to make it happen. I'll never move away...you can't beat it. Ocean, lakes, mountains, woods, no crime, excellent schools, craft beer, etc.. To me, it's perfect.
    Nice! I love the outdoors, grew up on the beach but my dad lived in the mountains. I would go up in the summer for a few weeks and every other weekend during the year and became a fairly accomplished fly fisherman and a fisherman in general, loved the ice. It was the best of everything and Maine always struck me as that. I would sell everything and move there in an instant but as of now my wife wouldn't because of the cold. I'll have to work on that. I'm coming up for a week in August, can't wait.
    Last edited by Zippy; Mar 4, 2014 at 05:29 PM.

If you find yourself in the Kennebunk area, give me a shout! It's not a big state or anything...