LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

feeler: 5'8" ...Lost LayZboy

just putting it out there. i'm thinking of letting my layzboy go. it's the one on the far left here:
    red resin tint, matching red futures boxes. black dakine andy pad. in very good shape, normal pressures on the deck. no fins. $400? anyone interested?

i would keep it. i don't see any other real small wave equipment in that quiver besides the longboard. can you surf really small gutless jersey crap on a bonzer? i had a 6'4" campbell brothers egg and it would only work properly in chest high plus good waves.

this is an old shot. the octafish works down to about waist high. overlaps pretty heavily w/ the layzboy, actually. i also have a roberts white diamond on the way.
    Last edited by njsurfer42; Mar 4, 2014 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    this is an old shot. the octafish works down to about waist high. overlaps pretty heavily w/ the layzboy, actually. i also have a roberts white diamond on the way.
    The Roberts WD will work down to waist high, I have one. I don't bother riding anything that resembles a shortboard in waist high waves anymore. It's a butt wiggle grovel fest. I have a 5'8" mini-simmons like shape and 2 longboards for that stuff (one tank with a hatchet fin and one with some rocker).

Quote Originally Posted by salt View Post
    The Roberts WD will work down to waist high, I have one. I don't bother riding anything that resembles a shortboard in waist high waves anymore. It's a butt wiggle grovel fest. I have a 5'8" mini-simmons like shape and 2 longboards for that stuff (one tank with a hatchet fin and one with some rocker).
    x2 for the mini simmons. it's such a great longboard alternative. don't get me wrong i longboard knee to thigh waves all summer long, but sometimes i need to switch it up. plus the mini simmons is so small and easy to transport. many people are after 'performance' grovelers, which is fine, but for wave count and fun, mini simmons is a damn good time. and it 100% works up to chest high - fast/fun too. get a local shaper to make you one, wont cost more than $500 if you dont opt for tint. i prefer bigger twin fins as opposed to the simmons keels you often see.

Quote Originally Posted by rvb View Post
    x2 for the mini simmons. it's such a great longboard alternative. don't get me wrong i longboard knee to thigh waves all summer long, but sometimes i need to switch it up. plus the mini simmons is so small and easy to transport. many people are after 'performance' grovelers, which is fine, but for wave count and fun, mini simmons is a damn good time. and it 100% works up to chest high - fast/fun too. get a local shaper to make you one, wont cost more than $500 if you dont opt for tint. i prefer bigger twin fins as opposed to the simmons keels you often see.
    yep...mine's a quad too, which makes it even more versatile. i've been getting really lazy and just surfing that and my 6'6" single-fin lately. both shaped by Chris Chaize.

I don't bother riding anything that resembles a shortboard in waist high waves anymore. It's a butt wiggle grovel fest. I have a 5'8" mini-simmons like shape and 2 longboards for that stuff (one tank with a hatchet fin and one with some rocker).
    yea, i've been on a hunt for the ideal "anti-longboard" for the last few years. i just get so bored riding a log all the time in the summer, i get to where i just want to a proper turn again. i'm thinking bing puck or puck 2.0.

yea, i've been on a hunt for the ideal "anti-longboard" for the last few years. i just get so bored riding a log all the time in the summer, i get to where i just want to a proper turn again. i'm thinking bing puck or puck 2.0.
    this is pretty much exactly what I have in a 5'8"...a very comfy amount of foam. shaped by Chaize in Asbury Park. got it on CL. i think i could go as short as 5'4" or 5'6" without the 5mil. you should look him up.

this is pretty much exactly what I have in a 5'8"...a very comfy amount of foam. shaped by Chaize in Asbury Park. got it on CL. i think i could go as short as 5'4" or 5'6" without the 5mil. you should look him up.
    i have a pretty good working relationship w/ brian wynn, who is much closer to me than asbury park, but i may. i've heard good things about chaize.
    i'd like to get eyes & hands on a bing puck 2.0 also...those things look FUN!

i was looking for the 'anti longboard" a couple years ago as well. was hoping that heritage would carry the puck, but they did not and had not intetion of at the time. no other shops either. i ended up buying a christenson ocean racer and wow how it has made surfing small waves fun. had just as much fun surfing thigh to waist high days on that thing than ive had in 6' offshore pumping waves. where can you buy the puck? i will probably always have a board like this in my quiver. i believe dan callaghan was making a couple of these minisimmons as well last year.