LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

feeler: 5'8" ...Lost LayZboy

just putting it out there. i'm thinking of letting my layzboy go. it's the one on the far left here:
    red resin tint, matching red futures boxes. black dakine andy pad. in very good shape, normal pressures on the deck. no fins. $400? anyone interested?

i would keep it. i don't see any other real small wave equipment in that quiver besides the longboard. can you surf really small gutless jersey crap on a bonzer? i had a 6'4" campbell brothers egg and it would only work properly in chest high plus good waves.

this is an old shot. the octafish works down to about waist high. overlaps pretty heavily w/ the layzboy, actually. i also have a roberts white diamond on the way.
    Last edited by njsurfer42; Mar 4, 2014 at 09:55 PM.

i'd definitely buy it if you would sell a bit cheaper. Tough to buy a used board for $400. I feel like boards are a bit like cars in that the resale value is immediately diminished upon purchase. Let alone wax and use. But mainly the fact that one can get a custom for not much more $.

Quote Originally Posted by frontsidecrotchgrab View Post
    i'd definitely buy it if you would sell a bit cheaper. Tough to buy a used board for $400. I feel like boards are a bit like cars in that the resale value is immediately diminished upon purchase. Let alone wax and use. But mainly the fact that one can get a custom for not much more $.

that's your prerogative, certainly. but this board (due to the resin tint) was slightly more than $700 off the rack & is slightly more than 6 month old, so not heavily used. if it were, i'd be selling cheaper. the only custom you're getting for slightly more than $400 is going to be plain white.

How do you like the lazyboy? I heard some people say it can handle some hollow stuff up to head high. What conditions did it work in for you?

Is the board poly and don't they boards come with fins too?

t's poly. no fins b/c i didn't take the fins it came stock w/ b/c i hate plastic fins. i used a set i already had.

it definitely works best in waves w/ a bit of punch to them...size isn't necessarily a factor, it'll handle it, but it wouldn't be my first choice for hollow head high surf. i'd say chest is it's practical upper limit. after that, the wide tail & flat rocker combo'd w/ the quad set up starts to make it hard to control. i'm on the hunt for a true groveler, something for thigh-stomach high, & this isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    t's poly. no fins b/c i didn't take the fins it came stock w/ b/c i hate plastic fins. i used a set i already had.

it definitely works best in waves w/ a bit of punch to them...size isn't necessarily a factor, it'll handle it, but it wouldn't be my first choice for hollow head high surf. i'd say chest is it's practical upper limit. after that, the wide tail & flat rocker combo'd w/ the quad set up starts to make it hard to control. i'm on the hunt for a true groveler, something for thigh-stomach high, & this isn't it.
    When you say a true groveler, what do you think of? B/c I've been thinking about one for the summer in nj. Bad nj... Like NOT Belmar. Sorry for the sorta high jack
    Last edited by Southsidesurfer; Mar 5, 2014 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Southsidesurfer View Post
    When you say a true groveler, what do you think of? B/c I've been thinking about one for the summer in nj. Bad nj... Like NOT Belmar. Sorry for the sorta high jack

ci fishcuit, coil megamind, bing puck, roberts mush machine, lost bottom feeder/couch potato, etc...

Ahh yes. Just to ride something with literally no power? Short wide fat ugly. Good recommendations too