LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rizzla View Post
    is it the stock 5'8" dimensions (5'8" x 21x 2.5, 34 L volume)? any more pics? I might be interested.

Thanks.
    yup, those are the dims. i can shoot more pics if you (or anyone else) is truly interested.

Quote Originally Posted by salt View Post
    I don't bother riding anything that resembles a shortboard in waist high waves anymore. It's a butt wiggle grovel fest. I have a 5'8" mini-simmons like shape and 2 longboards for that stuff (one tank with a hatchet fin and one with some rocker).
    yea, i've been on a hunt for the ideal "anti-longboard" for the last few years. i just get so bored riding a log all the time in the summer, i get to where i just want to a proper turn again. i'm thinking bing puck or puck 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    yea, i've been on a hunt for the ideal "anti-longboard" for the last few years. i just get so bored riding a log all the time in the summer, i get to where i just want to a proper turn again. i'm thinking bing puck or puck 2.0.
    this is pretty much exactly what I have in a 5'8"...a very comfy amount of foam. shaped by Chaize in Asbury Park. got it on CL. i think i could go as short as 5'4" or 5'6" without the 5mil. you should look him up.

Quote Originally Posted by salt View Post
    this is pretty much exactly what I have in a 5'8"...a very comfy amount of foam. shaped by Chaize in Asbury Park. got it on CL. i think i could go as short as 5'4" or 5'6" without the 5mil. you should look him up.
    i have a pretty good working relationship w/ brian wynn, who is much closer to me than asbury park, but i may. i've heard good things about chaize.
    i'd like to get eyes & hands on a bing puck 2.0 also...those things look FUN!

i have a pretty good working relationship w/ brian wynn, who is much closer to me than asbury park, but i may. i've heard good things about chaize.
    i'd like to get eyes & hands on a bing puck 2.0 also...those things look FUN!
    Chris Chaize makes super functional boards, i own one as well. for small waves his mini simmons and mini 'slimmins' are legit. he's a big fan of foam, but like i said his boards just work, so don't be deterred by something close to 3" at its thickest point. if your close with Wynn, ask him about Chris, because Wynn glasses all of Chris' boards. so yeah, you could score a Chaize close to home..wouldn't have to pick it up in Asbury. he's also a super nice dude, and was in contact with me every step of the way thru the process. i stopped by his shaping shack more than a few times just to discuss things.

this board is now available for viewing & fondling at surfer supplies in ocnj.

Is this board still for sale?

yes. a buddy of mine has it at the moment, but i can get it back if you want it.

I got a 5'4" sweet potato for rolly waist to chest high days. It is super fun for that stuff. You can catch some real crap on that thing. If it's smaller I just ride my log. I have a 6' sharp eye disco for chest plus stuff but I realized I just don't like the traditional thruster shape. Rode my buddies 5'7 biscuit in some juicy waves in Mex and realized I just like a foamy board that is flat...even when the waves are steep. Thinking about getting a Lost RV...anyone try one of those?????

i was looking for the 'anti longboard" a couple years ago as well. was hoping that heritage would carry the puck, but they did not and had not intetion of at the time. no other shops either. i ended up buying a christenson ocean racer and wow how it has made surfing small waves fun. had just as much fun surfing thigh to waist high days on that thing than ive had in 6' offshore pumping waves. where can you buy the puck? i will probably always have a board like this in my quiver. i believe dan callaghan was making a couple of these minisimmons as well last year.