LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    nice mayhee. nice candy color. Its priced right for sure. Good luck finding another lazy boy in that price range. hard to find used.. or go spend $6 bills + in a shop... its not a used car.

Quote Originally Posted by exilenj View Post
    nice mayhee. nice candy color. Its priced right for sure. Good luck finding another lazy boy in that price range. hard to find used.. or go spend $6 bills + in a shop... its not a used car.
    thank you! it's nice to know someone around here gets it!

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    t's poly. no fins b/c i didn't take the fins it came stock w/ b/c i hate plastic fins. i used a set i already had.

it definitely works best in waves w/ a bit of punch to them...size isn't necessarily a factor, it'll handle it, but it wouldn't be my first choice for hollow head high surf. i'd say chest is it's practical upper limit. after that, the wide tail & flat rocker combo'd w/ the quad set up starts to make it hard to control. i'm on the hunt for a true groveler, something for thigh-stomach high, & this isn't it.
    Oh. I thought it had a better upper range than chest high. I also thought it came with the lost seaworthy controllers but maybe that is a different model. I think I'm leaning toward a stretch buzzsaw but this was tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by jettyflea View Post
    Oh. I thought it had a better upper range than chest high. I also thought it came with the lost seaworthy controllers but maybe that is a different model. I think I'm leaning toward a stretch buzzsaw but this was tempting.
    i think it comes w/ the seawaorthy set now; mine would've come w/ the basic MB-2 set. i think if the wave was soft, it could handle bigger, but it still wouldn't be my first choice.

i think it comes w/ the seawaorthy set now; mine would've come w/ the basic MB-2 set. i think if the wave was soft, it could handle bigger, but it still wouldn't be my first choice.
    Looks fun, but I think I'm looking for a board more suited for the good 3 - 6 foot days and can handle hollow. That is a good price. I think the new polys that are just plain white are 700 now.

this is an old shot. the octafish works down to about waist high. overlaps pretty heavily w/ the layzboy, actually. i also have a roberts white diamond on the way.
    The Roberts WD will work down to waist high, I have one. I don't bother riding anything that resembles a shortboard in waist high waves anymore. It's a butt wiggle grovel fest. I have a 5'8" mini-simmons like shape and 2 longboards for that stuff (one tank with a hatchet fin and one with some rocker).

Quote Originally Posted by salt View Post
    The Roberts WD will work down to waist high, I have one. I don't bother riding anything that resembles a shortboard in waist high waves anymore. It's a butt wiggle grovel fest. I have a 5'8" mini-simmons like shape and 2 longboards for that stuff (one tank with a hatchet fin and one with some rocker).
    x2 for the mini simmons. it's such a great longboard alternative. don't get me wrong i longboard knee to thigh waves all summer long, but sometimes i need to switch it up. plus the mini simmons is so small and easy to transport. many people are after 'performance' grovelers, which is fine, but for wave count and fun, mini simmons is a damn good time. and it 100% works up to chest high - fast/fun too. get a local shaper to make you one, wont cost more than $500 if you dont opt for tint. i prefer bigger twin fins as opposed to the simmons keels you often see.

Quote Originally Posted by rvb View Post
    x2 for the mini simmons. it's such a great longboard alternative. don't get me wrong i longboard knee to thigh waves all summer long, but sometimes i need to switch it up. plus the mini simmons is so small and easy to transport. many people are after 'performance' grovelers, which is fine, but for wave count and fun, mini simmons is a damn good time. and it 100% works up to chest high - fast/fun too. get a local shaper to make you one, wont cost more than $500 if you dont opt for tint. i prefer bigger twin fins as opposed to the simmons keels you often see.
    yep...mine's a quad too, which makes it even more versatile. i've been getting really lazy and just surfing that and my 6'6" single-fin lately. both shaped by Chris Chaize.

is it the stock 5'8" dimensions (5'8" x 21x 2.5, 34 L volume)? any more pics? I might be interested.

Thanks.

Fun board...in proper size it will work down to waist high.
    It's not an all out groverlor though. Don't expect it to glide down the line through the junk. it has a decent amount of rocker for a little board actually.
    I've surfed it in thigh high NJ slop and it's not that fun. It needs a wave with a little push to get it going. Great board in waist to chest high surf. I've had it in head high to slightly overhead surf too though. It gets a little sticky on the steeper faces/barrel though but it's very fast and will go right off the top easily. if you are looking to drop in, point it, and whip a cutback way out on the shoulder though this is the board you want. Also has a nice sweet spot so you can turn with you back foot further up the board instead of way back on the tail.