LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Hws blanks

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Attachment 10987
    Attachment 10988

Keeping it real on my end. Blanks are working out nicely. The finished shapes are good too.

SI members are still in the pool for giveaway. Once I get my shaping tutorials up for the blanks product I will distribute accordingly.
    I know you hate me, but if one comes my way, please take into consideration that it will rarely see much above stomach or waist high waves. A fish would be nice. Can we do this powerball style? I think 5-8-15-21-33 are good numbers.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leetymike808 View Post
    Braddah you cant just lay the pics down without some dims??

They look really clean tho. Good job mate.
    leet mike, thanks man! the fish is the same as its been at 5'7" x 20 1/2 and 2 7/8 thickness. My kid brother, he's 19, he's a slim and ripped 5'8" build and he's saying its perfect for his size as far as catch ability goes and overall feel, the rocker is pretty radical too, the tail kick with the keels really has a feel, flat bottom and flat deck with full rails. Ill have a shaping video out soon four this fish model.

The single fin short board is designed to accept a slight single concave for now but will become flexible to be shaped with varying bottom shape, really depending on what people want. And I've been catching waves with great success on this 6' 3" single fin, and I'm a beefy 210 which stands at 6 3, the blank holds 46 liters so shaped maybe a bit less. It's weight is my only concern as of now, finished with 3 coats of epoxy it shows less than 20lbs but just barely., I've tweaked my pattern jigs so this blank product will become more attractive on heft side of life. however the new modified fish blank is only 13 lbs finished weight after 3 coats of resin only. no glass.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I know you hate me, but if one comes my way, please take into consideration that it will rarely see much above stomach or waist high waves. A fish would be nice. Can we do this powerball style? I think 5-8-15-21-33 are good numbers.
    brew, i dont hate you. I admire your firmness.

Im working on having a higher volume fish blank around 6'2" available, which would fit nicely in your stomach high and occasional head high peaks of course. say around 50 liters finished, I'm going for a fish blank that will fit my frame, but will supply high wave count to average weight surfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    brew, i dont hate you. I admire your firmness.

Im working on having a higher volume fish blank around 6'2" available, which would fit nicely in your stomach high and occasional head high peaks of course. say around 50 liters finished, I'm going for a fish blank that will fit my frame, but will supply high wave count to average weight surfers.
    That sounds pretty nice, actually. I have a 6'4" Kechele, and it is never used. Just a little too thin to catch the little stuff.