LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    What do you all use to calculate the water temps?...all the other forcasters have way down in the low fifties for WB and CB..just curious.

Images
    That water temp is off for sure... Looks like there's a problem there - looking into it. Thanks for bringing it too my attention.

Ahh. i was hoping yours was correct and I was going to be able to bare the elements without a hood.. looks liek Im gonna be spending some money.

Images

Wink

I think I'm already starting to feel the effects of some strange illness....

swellinfo, should i stay on the bogue banks now ? why the constant changing? is the low goin right over us?

Images

Thumbs up

ya, latest models shifted that low off to the east a bit... showing northerly winds in the early am, then shifting west. Its tough, when those lows are parked so close... So, Emerald Isle/Atlantic beach area could see some clean stuff for the early a.m., then take a drive south for midday WB !

As I said in the first post, the models are super fickle with these lows that skirt right up the coast, so its def. wise to keep checking the updates.

FYI - wave maps/hourly winds are updated at approx. 12:45am, 6:45am, 12:45pm, 6:45pm plus/minus 15minutes.

nearshore wind maps are updated about an hour earlier

Images

Exclamation

oh ya, and take some pics for us - if you get the goods

Images
    looks like the swell will fill in through the morning hours and peak around the midday low tide.

Images
    Surfed Pawleys Island, SC this mourning at high tide... Sets were stomach to shoulder high with looooooong fun walls. A little chilly out there but it was undoubtedly worth getting wet for! Had it been a little warmer I would have stayed and waited for the tide to fall a little; I think it is going to get pretty good here in the next hr or so. Get on it if you can!

time to eat lunch and warm up, had a fun 3 hr bout this morning maybe waist to chest occ bigger set. heres some pics when i got out
    Attached Images Attached Images