LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jellies!

Hybrid View

Jellies!

Went surfing here in Va Bch today... the jellies made me leave. I went down to the Dam Neck base and it was BEAUTIFUL.... but the jellies made me leave again... I am thinking about going out tomorrow in my full wetsuit.

Anyone else have any ideas to combat the jellies?

Images
    I Hate The Jellies!!!!!!!!!

It was so bad... I had my rashguard on, but it has short sleeves... I could get one with long sleeves, but I would still have to worry about my legs.... I think surfing with pants on would look kinda silly, too.

I know it is kinda warm for a full wetsuit, but I think i would rather be a little too warm than being stung every few minutes.

It sucked because this hot girl surfer came out and was surfing right next to me and we started talking, but she had to leave because she couldn't stand the jellies

Images
    you shouldve gotten out w/ her and gone for some drinks....duhhhhhhhhh

Images
    Wear A Full Suit Or Head In Early Morning When Jellies Go Deep For Prey!!!

Well, first I'm married... so the drinks thing could come back to bite me...

I can't go in early cause I gotta work

So I guess I'll be out there in my full suit.... shouldn't be too bad, the water's 74 or so. I think I might be the only person out there in a wetsuit, but I'll be the only person not getting stung.

Anyone know how long we can expect this jelly infestation to last?

perhaps those jellies were a blessing in disguise then, eh crypt

WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    you should have seen the jellies we had in wb a couple weeks ago. massive cabbage heads, so many too. I counted over twenty just around where I was sitting one session.
    but I geuss thats summer for ya

wear jeans.

Images
    when i was in OBX last week, rodanthe had some insanely large jellies floating around...crystal clear water, and you could see them like 5 ft below you; pretty creepy