LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jellies!

Images
    when i was in OBX last week, rodanthe had some insanely large jellies floating around...crystal clear water, and you could see them like 5 ft below you; pretty creepy

Images
    yeah i was in obx and this was the first week of june and they were all over... thankfully ( i guess ) no swell to miss at that time

it was probly about two weeks ago when i saw the biggest f***er ive ever seen in my life in ocmd. it kinda look like a man o war cuz it had a couple of colors and a huge top thing. luckily the water was clear because as soon as i saw it i left. but that thing looked like it would hurt like a ***** to get stung by

I love all fish

I love all things, too... but it's love/hate when it comes to jellyfish.

On another note... has anyone ever tried frying one up?
    Last edited by cryptzog; Jun 27, 2008 at 12:42 PM.

Images
    Are you talking about "red" jellies?......Cause the clear ones do nothing. There only good to toss at your friends in the water. Haha i saw a guy eating them...biting them in half with his teeth once. But, if there "red" stay away...I still have a scar on my arm from a "red" jelly. Sometimes you just need to tough it out with a long sleeve power top. I haven't seen any "red" one's up this way yet. But, seen some clear ones floating around in the inlet.

ExtremeSpongerChicks Guest

Jellies

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Are you talking about "red" jellies?......Cause the clear ones do nothing. There only good to toss at your friends in the water. Haha i saw a guy eating them...biting them in half with his teeth once. But, if there "red" stay away...I still have a scar on my arm from a "red" jelly. Sometimes you just need to tough it out with a long sleeve power top. I haven't seen any "red" one's up this way yet. But, seen some clear ones floating around in the inlet.
    Luckily, we haven't seen any red jellies either at our boarding spots, BUT I saw loads of them washed up on shore in Laurence Harbour when I was walking my lab 2 weeks ago...I've never seen so many

Ewwwww. This past weekend there were about 4 zillion baby jellies on the shore and I was like oh no - it's going to be one of those types of years.

Darn jellies. There is some type of repellant stuff you can wear, but the sting of da jelly is an occupational hazard.

Quote Originally Posted by B1ll View Post
    wear jeans.
    classic comment.

That or you could do like australian lifeguards used to and wear pantyhose.

Do you think pantyhose is thick enough to stop the sting?

Smells jellyfishy to me.