LOGIN | REGISTER

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    XCEL 5/4 Hooded Drylock Wetsuit - Brand New *For Sale*

    XCEL 5/4 Hooded Drylock Wetsuit - Brand New *For Sale*



    http://norfolk.craigslist.org/spo/4363116503.html

  2. #2
    I'd seriously contemplate this if I weren't an LS instead of an L. I have this same wetty and I'm sweating on single digit days. No joke. After 90-120 minutes at least. Whoever buys this suit is stoked as it's just over half price of retail. Make sure it fits you so go try on an XCEL 5/4 L at the shop before buying. Doesn't matter how great the rubber is if it's not form-fitting.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Atlantic City
    Posts
    2,549

    Thumbs up xcel

    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    I'd seriously contemplate this if I weren't an LS instead of an L. I have this same wetty and I'm sweating on single digit days. No joke. After 90-120 minutes at least. Whoever buys this suit is stoked as it's just over half price of retail. Make sure it fits you so go try on an XCEL 5/4 L at the shop before buying. Doesn't matter how great the rubber is if it's not form-fitting.
    i have had good luck with xcel both boots/gloves. lob claws especially.

  4. #4
    There's plenty on here that will argue that most manufacturers have the same neoprene and same suit out there just with different names. Not saying there's not other suits that plenty of guys are happy with. I am saying though that I've got a whole XCEL quiver from boardies to rash guards to 2mm toppers to the 5/4 Drylock and all of it is durable and comfortable and warm.

    Boots I have 3mm Drylock and 7mm Drylock. Gloves 5mm lobster claws and the 1.5mm spring glove. All of them are great and these have seen two seasons and a lot of rock reef yet are still kicking warm and dry.

  5. #5
    I'm also a huge xcel fanboy.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    5,297
    Images
    6
    I'm amazed at how warm my Xcel drylock lobbies keep my hands...and I got the 5 mils.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Two Rivers Area, NJ
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    I'm amazed at how warm my Xcel drylock lobbies keep my hands...and I got the 5 mils.
    Love my XCEL fullsuits, but actually had an issue with the 5mil lobster claws last year. Three pairs, all developed a small tear acroos the seam on the inside of the thumb.

    Happens once, just coincidence. Brought them in, shop gave me a new pair, was very careful with them, got the same tear. Third pair same tear, other hand. Each time after just a couple of sessions. Finally switched to Rip Curl, and have not had a problem.

    Still love the full suits though.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    5,297
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Irish View Post
    Love my XCEL fullsuits, but actually had an issue with the 5mil lobster claws last year. Three pairs, all developed a small tear acroos the seam on the inside of the thumb.

    Happens once, just coincidence. Brought them in, shop gave me a new pair, was very careful with them, got the same tear. Third pair same tear, other hand. Each time after just a couple of sessions. Finally switched to Rip Curl, and have not had a problem.

    Still love the full suits though.
    Funny you say that, I have a small tear in the exact spot, seam on the inside of the thumb...hasn't led to any leakage yet, and the gloves are still surprisingly warm...but I do have that tear.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    milton delaware
    Posts
    1,521
    Images
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    There's plenty on here that will argue that most manufacturers have the same neoprene and same suit out there just with different names.
    Really? I sure wouldnt argue that. Right now i've got wetsuits by Xcel, Rip Curl, and Matuse, have used each one a lot. There is lot a of difference in the consistency of the neoprene, inner and outer panel coverings, construction, seams, sizing, entry..etc.

    I've been surfing this winter in water at or below 40 in the 4/3 hooded Xcel Drylock - they make a damn warm suit. I previously did have a 5/4 Xcel drylock. Also extremely warm wetsuit...almost too much so in some of those recent warm Delmarva winters. I personally found it on the stiff/heavy side, which is why I got rid of it in favor of the 4/3 Drylock.
    Last edited by mitchell; Mar 12, 2014 at 08:23 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Two Rivers Area, NJ
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Funny you say that, I have a small tear in the exact spot, seam on the inside of the thumb...hasn't led to any leakage yet, and the gloves are still surprisingly warm...but I do have that tear.
    Unfortunately, mine did leak.

Tags for this Thread