LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

4 x 4 sand tire recommendations

I have a RAM 1500 and looking to get better all terrain tires specifically for off roading on Sand. Does anyone have a any good recommendations?

so you won't drive it on the road at all?

Sorry, Tires for road and sand

just get a good all terrain like BFG. I drive on the sand a lot and they work fine. unless you are going to really root around in the soft stuff, you don't need an aggressive tread. the one thing you are really going to want to watch is keeping the underside clean. sand and salt kills vehicles.

I had BFG All Terrains (P285/R17) on my Ram 1500. They worked great. That said, the best sand tire is the one you take air out of. I always air down to 20psi initially.

Images
    bfg all the way as other dudes said.

Images
    im selling some 32s right now with 10k on them if your interested.

I had a 82 jeep scrambler and put farm use tires on it. 3 treads. killer on the beach but hell going across bridges with the steel grate. Any tire will do as long as you deflate them.

I currently use Firestone Destination AT. They're great on sand. I do air down to 20ish. I have a lighter truck than you though. Mine comes in at 4300 LBS Ram 1500 is like 6500 right?

Thanks for the info everyone . Yea a ram 1500 is like 5,500 lbs. can't wait to hit up some spots starting April 1 when we are allowed to off road again Nothing like cruising down the beach finding your own peak