LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Dirt Road Designs - ESA Mid Atlantic Regional Sponsor

I wanted to introduce myself! My name is Deanna and I surf and live in Maine and am a NEW sponsor for the ESA Mid Atlantic Regional Surf Competition! Always looking to surf new and exciting places. I started surfing in Long Island NY about 14 years ago, then moved to VA and have settled for the last 8 years in Maine.

I have recently opened my own jewelry business and have a surfing collection called "The Barrel's" Collection. I decided to become a sponsor for ESA with hopes to better reach surfing communities all over!

I am looking just to get honest feedback on my work from the surfing community! So, critique away!!

http://www.dirt-road-designs.com/barrel-collection/

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SurfersStu...tion_leftnav_7

Honestly? You're marketing the wrong crowd here. No offense, but I think the jewelry is better suited for your casual shopper.

Why is it the wrong crowd? Just curious and what do you mean by "casual shopper"?

While I can't speak for everyone here, wearing something around my neck that screams "I surf" isn't something I'm after. I've worked a few retail locations growing up (surf shops specifically) and those who actually surf don't wear that kind of thing.

Just my two cents, maybe someone else could chime in. Kudos on the hard work, however. Seems you've put a lot of work into it.

I wear a neoprene band around my wrist that's got a stainless steel wave...8"...I think your stuff is pretty cool. Not sure you get something just to scream out "I surf". Saw some cool surf tribal tattoos...I don't think they get those to scream out "I surf". You get those cause it's something that you represent...either jewelry, tats, whatever works...it's a representation of who you are...or maybe it just looks cool...it's all good.

Thanks MRCOOP!

JCHAFARD- I may not be a professional surfer but I have been surfing for 15 years and it is a huge part of my life, as is creating jewelry. I am sorry if you think differently but artists are inspired by the things they love whether they are greatest or the worst at them.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtroaddesigns View Post

JCHAFARD- I may not be a professional surfer but I have been surfing for 15 years and it is a huge part of my life, as is creating jewelry. I am sorry if you think differently but artists are inspired by the things they love whether they are greatest or the worst at them.

Great! Noone's telling you not to create art that you enjoy; no need to be offended by my opinion when you asked to "critique away." I could've bashed the fact that you have two topics up on the first page of this already slow forum attempting to push your etsy page, but chose a kinder path of my honest opinion on your art exclusively.

I like it a lot. I don't wear jewelry other than two rings, but I think it's something that would appeal to people. I'd buy the barrel for my wife maybe, but she'd probably put it on a chain instead of leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Losttsol View Post
    I like it a lot. I don't wear jewelry other than two rings, but I think it's something that would appeal to people. I'd buy the barrel for my wife maybe, but she'd probably put it on a chain instead of leather.
    Thanks! Wearing a necklace when you are not used to it is definitely something that takes time The "Double Barrel" is the better one for a chain because it has a smaller opening. Thanks for your feedback maybe I will show them on my site with chains, so people can visualize it with different options.

How much for a custom made "shott the pier" medallion on a neck chain?