LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    I'll take those crappy waves any day of the week. I thought I saw a few barrels, was I imagining it? I agree the airs are not as aesthetic as a figure 8 cutback, but those guys shred. That place is a breeding ground for hyper aggro surfing maneuvers and when these guys get on big lined up surf they take surfing to another level. Kooky 360 airs?
    The waves were not crappy at all. They were GREAT! I think he's either delusional or being sarcastic.

Images
    Crappy waves compared to Hawaii? kooks compared to Slater? looks good to me

I like watching airs as long as the dude lands it and doesn't blow the next section. That said, if I could do airs, I wouldn't give a damn what people online thought about it. There is a lot of talent out there at NSB. No doubt.

around 33 years old is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Losttsol View Post
    Gorkin still gettin it. How old is that guy? Seems like I've seen him on videos for 20 years.

The waves were fun but not great. Definitely fun...
    They're doing airs because the waves are ramps not long walls. Those waves have a section for one turn then a close out section to hit.

Agreed, should clarify I wasn't referring to this video.

Quote Originally Posted by Losttsol View Post
    Gorkin still gettin it. How old is that guy? Seems like I've seen him on videos for 20 years.
    gorkin is an eastcoast legend.dont know how old he is,but I remember a lot of footage,him in finals with Kelly slater,him beating slater with an olly oop at trestles in 94 I think.hes just another casualty of the surf industry,someone that's super talented,deserves sponsors, but idk what happened with him.

edit,it was a rodeo flip gorkster beat jimmy slade with

Those dudes rip...the first few secs looked dam good too!

I remember way back, dudes getting air and doing crazy stuff...it kinda went to the back burner and really never caught on until recently...tho, now they are takin it to the extreme...I like it...progression, that's what it's all about...push those limits.

Gorkin's 1st pro contest was in 2002. Jimmy Slade was World Champ in 94.

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    gorkin is an eastcoast legend.dont know how old he is,but I remember a lot of footage,him in finals with Kelly slater,him beating slater with an olly oop at trestles in 94 I think.hes just another casualty of the surf industry,someone that's super talented,deserves sponsors, but idk what happened with him.