LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Warm Epic Waves in the 757 this weekend.

Heading to the azz crack o' Bama tomorrow. Flying into Pcola if anyone wants to meet me at the airport and throw some fatties(not BrewShillahs head) at me for the long drive west.

Visiting family/folks in Fairhope? What's that area like? ("azz crack"?) I'm looking for a tax friendly place near the water to retire someday. Maybe Gulf Shores. Don't know.
    I was stationed in P'cola in the early 80's and enjoyed it. Made several trips to Biloxi/Pascagoula in the early 90s for work. My daughter's attending U of A in Huntsville and working on her Masters. She graduated from last May from VA Tech with a degree in meteorology. Only made the drive to Huntsville once - last August to help her move in. Never been to that part of the state before.
    Have a good trip.

Visiting the P's. My mom was born in Fairhope. It's is a great retirement villiage. Tons of old rich geezes surrounded by hospitals and retirement homes. Lot's of arts and craft.
    this is a tree by the marina
    8428765389_ca2ff7daee_h.jpg

8428765993_e789bf3859_h.jpg

Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
    You may actually get waves this weekend if you like windslop. The forecast is looking decent for us. How long you staying?

I just got back. I'm always limited on what I can do and where I can go, because of time. I hung with the P and M until they take a nap, then went to the art fest. Which was really good, expensive crap, but good. There were two young men (brothers it appeared) playing identical guitars. they were great, and the guitars were the most beautiful I've seen

.001.jpg

002.jpg

They had CDs, and I was planning to get one later Saturday, but a killer storm ran them all off.
    Last edited by chicharronne; Mar 17, 2014 at 07:52 PM.

I took a pic of a sign on top of a bar. but came out unrecognizable. They won the "Nappie Award". on top of the sign was a cartoon monkey peeking over. I ask the owner how they could get away with such racist crap, other than there's no blacks allowed in except to work. He said he never thought of it dat way befo.
    there was this next door that came out.
    003.jpg

006.jpg

DosXX, you'd probably do well to retire there. You can get twice the house there at half the price, than in Va.

The guitars look nice from what I could see. Had been playing the banjo (claw hammer style) for several years and thinking of taking up guitar until surfing bug bit me
    Like that wood gator. Something like that might make a cool-looking small boat or canoe. Have flames coming out its nostrils....Heck, it's getting late and I'm getting stupid.
    Never thought much about Alabama until my daughter moved and started going to school there last August. Love the Gulf coast, but surfing might be more limited. Wife is afraid of FL.

Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
    Surfing would definately be more limited, but if your retired you could be on it when its good. It does get good but our window for good swell +good wind is really small so it is a 911 fuking emergency to be there when its right. My job allows me to be there alot but Ive missed my share as well. If you were retired then your golden. Plus only four hours to Jax.

DosXX, that's a metal gator. Fla is spooky.

I've surfed Dauphin Island before Ivan took my cousins house and a lot of beach. It was surprising fun.