LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Longboard went missing in Wildwood Crest, NJ; possibly up by New York by now

I was surfing 2-3 weeks ago and I was riding my cousins 9'0 longboard Surfboard Australia (board art consists of red/orange flames). Pulled into a shoulder high close out and was not wearing a leash. I swam in thinking that the board had been brough in by the swell. Wind picked up HARD SSW and I think the board might have went out to sea and possibly up the coast. ANY information on the board would be greatly appreciated! Please help if you can, it would be a real shame since the board was a Christmas gift to my cousin from his parents. Any information please respond to this thread.

Board description 8'6 - 9'2 Surfboard Australia
    Orange/Red Flame Design
    No leash

Ouch! Might want to check out google earth/maps and check with any marinas that may have been near its path. Also, there are a few east coast centric fishing forums that have a very active memberships. They might have heard something about it.

www.tidalfish.com/forums
    http://www.stripersonline.com/f/

I don't follow fishing so there are probably more. Maybe some of the northeast guys can chime in.

if the board was inside the breaking wave it probably did not get blown out. are you sure the current was south to north ON the inside? Ive seen WW be the opposite.

I'm having a hard time understanding how you could lose site of it so quickly, but hey, I wasn't there. Just amazing, and another reason to wear a leash, especially if it's not your board. Good luck in your search though, that is a terrible feeling i'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    if the board was inside the breaking wave it probably did not get blown out. are you sure the current was south to north ON the inside? Ive seen WW be the opposite.
    Positive the current was pulling SSW

from the SSW or too?

sounds like you'll be buying your cousin a new board. next time dont kook out and surf w no leash.
    sucks if its gone....

From the South to North ..Hard SSW winds blowing that morning...when I swam in I was about 10-15 yards North of where I started.

I'm guessing it was picked up by somebody parked on the beach in NWW.

Images
    Well, by the time you find it if you find it, it will probably be covered by algae and barnacles.