LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

getting barrelled vs pitted vs shacked

Pitted barrelled shacked suited covered up, etc

Do you consider any difference in these? Like, for me I think of getting shacked and being as deep as it gets, but pitted more like you're barely in the pocket getting slightly covered.. anyway just wandering if anyone thinks they each have a different meaning? Or of you have any other unique ones I haven't heard for. For example, I like to refer to barrels as Vietnemese water sheds.

Slotted* not suited, although I like that one too now

Images
    The only thing that is different is a head dip that I know. Maybe some of the others are like local words for spots when they came up with them.

Images
    For me, slotted is as you described pitted, where you're right in the pocket, technically in the tube but not too deep...pitted is deep...also, for my own conceptual purposes, slotted=cover up, whereas barrelled=pitted(so pitted)=shacked.

And for my own personal vernacular, I like to call it the Confession Booth.

What about getting some shade?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    What about getting some shade?
    Man that's better for you Fla guys w/ your sun and your 50+ degree water right now

Getting shaded! I knew I was missing some... but getting shaded technically just depends on where the sun is,; you could barely be getting covered, but yet still be fully shaded and vice versa

In Northern Maine they call it rock salting the malt barley.

I'm always partial to Ben Stiller in Fair Bits telling Taj he "...only goes out when it's double overhead, so Daddy can spend some quality time in the green room."

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Man that's better for you Fla guys w/ your sun and your 50+ degree water right now
    60 + ( I like 'the green room')