LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Surfing addiction?

Bros just curious would anyone on here say they are addicted to surfing? Like occupies your thoughts all the time, makes you scratch your skin, use your friends and family, lose your job, blow your life savings addicted?

Any recommendations on where to get help?

Carverskateboards.com

The good lads have been opening up methastoke clinics coast to coast. Save your soul bro. Get on a Carver.

3. Methastoke treatment. I can't believe public school health class has failed me so badly. How the mighty have fallen

Addicted yes, ruin my life, not yet, we'll see, things going pretty good so far

Bro. More like it's saving lives. A stokeless life is the number one cause of soul death worldwide. Surfing or not. Do what you love and live it.

Hi everyone, my name is DosXX, and I'm a....

I've been involved in many different activities over the years, but none that I spent a lot of time thinking about when I wasn't actually doing it. Surfing though has been an entirely different matter. Even when I know I'm not going out, I'll check the forecasts and reports. I pay much more attention to the weather, wind direction, air and water temps, etc. I'll stop by the beach at the base where I work to watch the waves before heading into the office, as well as sometimes during lunch and on my way home. Surf racks and surf stickers on other cars catch my eye.
    I find myself a bit out of sorts if I haven't been in the water for more than a few days. If I go running after work, it's along the beach. I spend a lot of time thinking about surfing and perhaps too much time on this Forum. I never counted on any of this when I started surfing 18 months ago.
    Despite my "addiction", family and supporting my family come first.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Bro. More like it's saving lives. A stokeless life is the number one cause of soul death worldwide. Surfing or not. Do what you love and live it.
    ^^^^^There you have it.

8. I'm hooked right now and I can't get enough, immediately after a day of surfing I'm looking for my next fix.

100%. we stood up and rode a wave and that was it. forever. they invent a second skin so we can go in cold. now we go in zero windchill, mid-30's water because we are addicts. a lot of unpleasantness for a little ride on a wave. warm water and warm air is another story.

as for hurting others or yourself, I would recommend God as the only hope, but since I am a Christian some si people will curse me. I wish they would tolerate this, but, well, we'll see...

right, tolerance...

Now if God was someone named mohammed, buddha, or llama would be fine...we could talk yoga, karma, drum circles, fruit smoothies, sushi, longboarding CR, handplanes, meditation, saving the planet, going vegan, marijuana, heroin, you name it...

but, I am talking about the living God, the one and only Lord and Savior, so woe be unto me if I say who on this here forum.

the true moderators who want their ways glorified don't seem to be willing to just allow it.

dissent or hypocrisy, let he who is without it cast the first post.

the hate of Christianity is one of the most powerful religions on si forum, if you believe it. you gotta have faith.

i'm totally addicted to surfing, and so of course I love the si forum, all thanks and praises be to Micah, since April 2008.

could be really good here tomorrow. all spread out, no jetties, so stop on by.

let me know privately if you really want to know how to keep this great gift called surfing from messing up your life. surfing should be a blessed act that enhances our lives. one of the most enjoyable things to do. the waves just keep coming. Go For It! A-WOO!

10. Lol bros, I was joking around, no one' slide has been ruined here. I got some last Saturday and have felt great all week, gotta take what you can get is just frustrating living so far inland