LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Doug you are a baby

Quote Originally Posted by ukelelesurf View Post
    I dont know anything about this spot or care cause it is wayyyy to cold for me...but that was some amazing footage. That looked like moss landing on its bets day ever...maybe just a little smaller. I like how surfline called it some of the longest tubes they have ever seen on the East coast....I would say in America no? Are there any waves in California that barrel like that for that long? Serious question not rhetorical. Epic tubes!
    Spicoli told me that Rincon barrels down the cove, brah.

Make It Stop has surfed El Capitan just like that.

Za Gaf ( not to associated with the previous members) gets nugs like that on trips north to Leo Carrillo. That's Leo Carillo. Secos Arroyo. I once took a class trip there. We were vals and we hiked to Leo Carrillo. Our trip coincided with a trip for a local mentally disabled hospital/home. One guy waved at us and smiled. His pen!s was visible, hanging out from his short shorts. This was the 80's and we wore short shorts. Girls wore short shorts. Nair wore short shorts

Little Ricky is the man. An astute observer. Bravo.

Sandy Hook is seven miles long. 99% of the guys who go there surf one spot. And it's a great spot. Another .9% surf within sight of that one spot. The other .1% surf the other 6.9 miles of the spit.

Sandy Hook will not be replenished with sand. It gets all the sand from the beaches being pumped to the south. Even the "critical zone" has a nice, wide beach... it's the bay side that's unstable and threatens the road.

They're currently planning to pump sand OFF the Hook... getting rid of the "false hook" near the recurved tip of the hook... that extra lobe of sand that came from miles south, that keeps adding on to the length of the spit. If left unpumped, Sandy Hook could keep getting longer.

I work there now. I'm there every day from 7am 'till dark, most days. It's a really amazing place...

Images
    Yeah Cep, I agree. I meant way worse crowd wise.

Crowds form there either way but showing the skyline of NY is sure to add to the idiot factor. Very un called for behavior from those involved in the production / editing of that vid. Waves were great. Surfing was great. Editors and decision makers on production of the vid are lame. May Sup'ers and spongers snake you and drop in on you for eternity.

as lame as blowing up local spots is, I don't think SH regulars and lovers have much to worry about. Places like these have built-in crowd control. I've never been there in the summer, so I can't speak to how crowded it can get, but when I have scored it there, it's been cold and throwing pretty hard. I'd say I was out with a dozen other people and there were plenty of waves - very kumbaya. but anyway, for people who don't live close to SH, it's not that easy to score it - it's fickle without the right amount of certain swell directions, can get super windy, isn't convenient to get to and if it isn't working, you're in the car for at least another 30 mins until the next spot that works. I'd also argue that on days like in the video, it's not the easiest spot to surf. Half of the waves are on the beach and it gets real square. plus, when it's working up there, a bunch of other spots are really good, too, just more like classic jersey barrels.

also, I have to thank the jersey photogs on instagram, not only for consistently awesome content, but for waiting for dark before posting photos and geotags.

Images
    Well... Looks like a normal day at BELMAR, NJ to me... (Sorry Ihatelongboards - I know how you feel about Belmar... It's my favorite break too...)

#belmarlife

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Heywood Jubleume View Post

Za Gaf ( not to associated with the previous members) gets nugs like that on trips north to Leo Carrillo. That's Leo Carillo. Secos Arroyo. I once took a class trip there. We were vals and we hiked to Leo Carrillo. Our trip coincided with a trip for a local mentally disabled hospital/home. One guy waved at us and smiled. His pen!s was visible, hanging out from his short shorts. This was the 80's and we wore short shorts. Girls wore short shorts. Nair wore short shorts

Quote Originally Posted by Heywood Jubleume View Post

BJB!!!!!!! You're a persistent little bugger aren't you? You weren't kidding about being addicted to SI. Hanging out with 12 year old boys while trying to pass them off as your son isn't a good look for you.
    Still blaming SI for your behavior? Interesting. You should honestly take my advice about checking yourself. I mean, you're not a puppet are you? BJB controls BJB's actions, reactions, and thoughts. Only BJB can prevent forest fires.
    Anyway, welcome back to your next meltdown.

Images
    dang doug why are you such a player haters brah? i think you are really the alter ego of spicoli. you should try and stay sane and keep to one agenda. when is the last time you have shred the gnar? ill probably get banned because all you do is report people, because your not man enough to deal with people. so go on doug make your next move, south carolina has better surf anyways quit fronting.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    dang doug why are you such a player haters brah? i think you are really the alter ego of spicoli. you should try and stay sane and keep to one agenda. when is the last time you have shred the gnar? ill probably get banned because all you do is report people, because your not man enough to deal with people. so go on doug make your next move, south carolina has better surf anyways quit fronting.
    .....Say what?