LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChavezYChavez View Post
    A seal keeps popping up at my break. I named him Heywood last week. My break is not all that far away from your inlet. Are you Heywood the seal?
    No.

No, I'm not a seal though I did play one on TV back in the 1950's. I was, also, on the classic show FLIPPER. May I suggest to the Floridians to check that show out. You guys will be stoked. Like, totally.

I saw a new seal last Sunday, several miles south of world class Sandy Hook. He didn't just stare at me like the other one. He would pop-up and then immediately dive down. He seemed to be on a mission. Oh man, On A Mission, a classic surf company founded by pro surfing darlings. Sweet.

Chavez, you should come up to my spot sometime. You like foxes? The waves suck but the scenery is awesome.

I think from about Barnegat south, the longshore current goes southward, and north of Barnegat it goes northward.

Makes a kind of natural dividing line between "north jersey" and "south jersey."

What is a Barnegat, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    I think from about Barnegat south, the longshore current goes southward, and north of Barnegat it goes northward.

Makes a kind of natural dividing line between "north jersey" and "south jersey."

What is a Barnegat, anyway?
    Yeah, but sometimes it's south at 20+ and I'm drifting south, man !! Totally whacks-me-off. Oh, some days I drift in the appropriate direction, and those days please me. But good Lord!! And there's always a drift there no matter size, direction nor wind. Luckily, I learned how to align myself with markers on the beach by reading Spicoli's, Intro to Shredding, Brah Vol. 1

Hey, what is a Loveladies?

Without using our computers, that is a good question, LBC. What is a Barnegat? Maybe Spicoli will discover the meaning during his doctorate dissertation on SURFING.

I do know that legend has it Nags Head had something to do with tying lanterns to beached horses to lure or warn people about the approaching shoreline. That's pretty cool, especially the luring part.

Images
    Hi Heywood, awesome post man.

Quote Originally Posted by Heywood Jubleume View Post
    No.

No, I'm not a seal though I did play one on TV back in the 1950's. I was, also, on the classic show FLIPPER. May I suggest to the Floridians to check that show out. You guys will be stoked. Like, totally.

I saw a new seal last Sunday, several miles south of world class Sandy Hook. He didn't just stare at me like the other one. He would pop-up and then immediately dive down. He seemed to be on a mission. Oh man, On A Mission, a classic surf company founded by pro surfing darlings. Sweet.

Chavez, you should come up to my spot sometime. You like foxes? The waves suck but the scenery is awesome.
    Yeah man, I haven't been to your spot in a long time. My brother in law has seen the fox in the dunes there but I didn't believe because he used to be high 24/7. A fox once sh!t on my deck in South Nags Head. I just got back from Wildwood. I'm happy because I did not get arrested for once. That town is like being in a Hunter S Thompson novel. Fear and loathing in Wildwood.

Quote Originally Posted by ChavezYChavez View Post
    Yeah man, I haven't been to your spot in a long time. My brother in law has seen the fox in the dunes there but I didn't believe because he used to be high 24/7. A fox once sh!t on my deck in South Nags Head. I just got back from Wildwood. I'm happy because I did not get arrested for once. That town is like being in a Hunter S Thompson novel. Fear and loathing in Wildwood.
    Now, I haven't been to Wildwood in a long time. See how that conversely works? It's been so long I don't know how I feel about Wildwood these days. Ah long past days of Diamond Beach, skee ball, Mack's pizza and birch beer. Yeah, I'd like to get high for 7 of 24 hours and tool around the boardwalk.

Listen, if any of you guys want, you get me high and I'll hang out on the boardwalk with you.

I had a fox defecate on my flops on the beach two summers ago. I swear. That fox was a little whacked-off. It looked like a junky with HIV, and it was acting like Courtney Love. I watched it from the water.

Ha, it would approach people, and some people, at first, thought it was a dog (EL PERRO). Then they realized it was a fox and then they jumped. Ha ! Good times Good Times. It happened around 9:00 am so the lifeguards weren't there to save us. Then it eventually went were my beach footwear were sitting. I watched with apprehension on my face. Well, yup, fox defecated on my slaps, flops, sandals thingamajigs.

Oh Chavez, believe your brother-in-law. You bes' believe him as thems foxes are there. They are there.

Images
    Ok smart guys, how come I always drift south (mostly) ? I surf the North side of an inlet, and I'm always drifting south towards the jetty. It don't matter if it's two foot and light winds, or if it's 4.8 foot at 19 seconds with 15 mph south winds - I'm always drifting south. Oh, the best peaks aren't right off the jetty rather about 30 yards south of said jetty. But man, I'm always drifting south no matter what the swell/wind direction be.
    It happens at our inlet as well, and it has to do with the current moving in and out of the inlet due to the tides. You will probably notice a big difference in that current between incoming and outgoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    It happens at our inlet as well, and it has to do with the current moving in and out of the inlet due to the tides. You will probably notice a big difference in that current between incoming and outgoing.
    Oh, I made a big boo boo in that original post. It should have said: The best peaks are 30 yards NORTH of said jetty. Man, botched that one. I get confused sometimes.

Yeah, I reckon the tides are responsible. I couldn't even say about one tide or the other because the intensity of the drift changes every twenty minutes. Everything changes every twenty minutes. The place is skitzo. Maybe that's why I like it.

But why?

I'm conditioned to paddle out expecting to drift the way God intended. 14 years later and I'm still stubborn about it all. My spots before maintained the natural order of things, albeit they were just jetty spots with no inlet. But no American should be drifting on a two foot glassy day.

But no American should be drifting on a two foot glassy day.
    This is something I can believe in.

SI admin brah and LBCrew -

Priceless stuff, thanks brads! Next question: what if a rock reef was situated just outside one of the entrance points of the inlet? Would that take from sandbar and point (if jetties were present) activity resulting from the inlet functioning you've described?