LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A question for Floridians

I flew into P'cola and rented a car to go into Bama. The car agent asked me if I wanted to get the insurance. I got USAA, and my credit car will cover a lot. I told her I was a safe driver. She said Fla was a "no fault" state. What the hell does that mean I asked. She said that, in an accident, no one is at fault. I asked if a driver runs a light and hits me, he wouldn't be responsible. She said he (or she) would not. I asked what the hell is wrong with you people. You can go demolition darbey on people, and shoot unarmed children, and not be held liable.
    Is that true? NO FAULT?

Coincidentally, on the flight out today, I was waiting for the "section 2" crowd to be allowed to board, and saw a guy in line who look really familiar. I asked him if him if he was going to ORF. He said no. Then I realized it was Zimmerman's lawyer. I must have had a look on my face, cause he nodded with a shameful look on his face like, "yeah, that's me."

Images
    What's the question? (The agent answered the one you had)
    I'll pretend to be Floridian, and give you a sweet answer.

you didn't see the QUESTION mark after the "Is that true" words? That's another question because you evidently you don't know what ? means.

"shameful look on his face"

Yeah I am sure. What has he got to be ashamed of? Is he an attorney or not?

No fault is in reference to the type of insurance required by the state. If you are hit by someone running a light etc. OF COURSE it is the fault of that driver. Why are you asking legal questions on this forum anyway? Maybe next you can ask how to start that root canal you want to do at home?

Images
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-fault_insurance

Internet>Swellinfo

^only when dealing with insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-fault_insurance

Internet>Swellinfo

^only when dealing with insurance.
    THAT'S CRAZY! I'd have loved that crap back when I was a hooligan. Buy a hundred dollar piece of crap and gone out playing tag with squids and tourons. But that Chicharronne has changed into a pillar of the community.

This true, you can do anything in Florida and get away with it, no fault of yours...

It's no fault as far as insurance is concerned. However, you can be arrested for running the light. If you kill someone, you can be held on criminal charges if you run the light. You can also be sued in civil court for serious accident from running a light.

Images
    Don't cut me off and tell me its not your fault either, that sh!t don't work!!

He probably had the look of a Winner on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    I flew into P'cola and rented a car to go into Bama. The car agent asked me if I wanted to get the insurance. I got USAA, and my credit car will cover a lot. I told her I was a safe driver. She said Fla was a "no fault" state. What the hell does that mean I asked. She said that, in an accident, no one is at fault. I asked if a driver runs a light and hits me, he wouldn't be responsible. She said he (or she) would not. I asked what the hell is wrong with you people. You can go demolition darbey on people, and shoot unarmed children, and not be held liable.
    Is that true? NO FAULT?

Coincidentally, on the flight out today, I was waiting for the "section 2" crowd to be allowed to board, and saw a guy in line who look really familiar. I asked him if him if he was going to ORF. He said no. Then I realized it was Zimmerman's lawyer. I must have had a look on my face, cause he nodded with a shameful look on his face like, "yeah, that's me."