LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

March 21st Protest Beach Replenishment/Jetty Notching

Save the Jetties
    Members of the Asbury Park Fishing Club are meeting 5 pm Friday, March 21st at the Deal Lake flume/8th Avenue jetty in Asbury Park to protest the impact of beach replenishment and the notching of jetties.

Your support is needed. Surfers are encouraged to attend.

If you are about the waves you surf and would like to continue to surf them in the future you will show up.

there will be 3 people protesting,sad but true.we tried this with last summer with the br

well thats why we need to get the word out. by the look at some of your post counts you must really like to surf. get off the forum for an hour, stop trolling each other about the nj super bank, give the top 5 tips for gaining speed on a squash tail thread a rest, and do something that actually matters.

and cepriano, this was organized by local fishermen. not the surfers.

3 more days

Images
    I will stop by after work. Can I bring beer? Jk, that's great maybe you should post a flier in spellbinders or something. Fishermen will definitely show up. I'll try and blend in.

Quote Originally Posted by DKennedy View Post
    and cepriano, this was organized by local fishermen. not the surfers.
    im not hating,I just said that nobody will show up,except for the actual locals that live there.we tried doing this for Monmouth/sea bright,but nobody showed.i support ur cause and its great to protest it,but the majority would rather sit at home doing nothing.i don't live anywhere near loch arbour,but if I did I would definitely be there

You get the beach you deserve (sometimes, sometimes not, but it sounded good). Don't be a *****! Eddie would go. The defeatist, fatalistic attitude expressed by those that gave it a shot and failed, is like paddling out in big surf once, and when you get rejected you hang it up. Big money loves this attitude. They stack the deck. If you fancy yourself an anti establishment core surfer, go to the meeting. By the way, when we needed help, the fishermen and the turtle people made a great alliance with many senior, connected, influential activists. Getting surfers to do anything is like herding cats, but don't ***** if you don't show up to the public forums to voice your outrage.

bring on the beach renourishment!!

Images
    OP good for you for getting the word out, if I wasn't this far away I'd attend.