LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I'm not saying it couldn't hurt a bird (not saying it would either). The comment was that "the vibrations annoy birds." As if the bird said "damn that effin vibration is annoying"

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Maybe the spinning blades don't mesh well with bird heads?

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    I'm not saying it couldn't hurt a bird (not saying it would either). The comment was that "the vibrations annoy birds." As if the bird said "damn that effin vibration is annoying"
    Yeah, it is obvious that birds can be killed by running into it. The same can be said about many structures (they like my sun room too). The vibration thing sounds made up.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Shove it. I have never been against wind power. I am actually very much for it and solar power technology development.
    Dear Mr Brewengineer,
    I'm sorry for calling you a shill and it will NEVER happen again. You didn't have to rat me out to the authorities. It hurts my feeling that you didn't think you could tell me I actually hurt your feelings. I thought we had this "thing" going. A hardy rapport, if you will. It won't happen again. Again, I'm sorry.
    Yours truly,
    Tinhat Conspirator
    Last edited by chicharronne; Mar 19, 2014 at 12:24 AM.

Images
    dudes solar is the way to go nor rigs or turbines off my coast. you can have turbines in the deep ocean but not near my shore. i will move away from my native break soon and i wish to return to it one day the way it was left..clean. we need to revert to the past not the future. we need to protect our seconds homes, i cherish them more then my own house of residence. we already struggle to get waves on this coast, we have enough to deal with. #savefollybeach #belmarbarrels #carolina cutbackz

Tesla! but then no one makes any money.

Images
    Dear Mr Brewengineer,
    I'm sorry for calling you a shill and it will NEVER happen again. You didn't have to rat me out to the authorities. It hurts my feeling that you didn't think you could tell me I actually hurt your feelings. I thought we had this "thing" going. A hardy rapport, if you will. It won't happen again. Again, I'm sorry.
    Yours truly,
    Tinhat Conspirator

chich, your a lokal here and i respedt that,but dont mess with people from south carolina..or ones thats moves here? doesnt matter son dont mess with us down here. were all good peoples here and dont need the aggro. he aint going to report no one we got the bro code in this state idk about you. but were throwing hard cutbacks and 365s so dont kill our style.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    dudes solar is the way to go nor rigs or turbines off my coast. you can have turbines in the deep ocean but not near my shore. i will move away from my native break soon and i wish to return to it one day the way it was left..clean. we need to revert to the past not the future. we need to protect our seconds homes, i cherish them more then my own house of residence. we already struggle to get waves on this coast, we have enough to deal with. #savefollybeach #belmarbarrels #carolina cutbackz
    They could place turbines right outside of Charleston harbor, and you likely wouldn't see any changes in waves at Folly or IOP. They supposedly help suppress hurricane winds as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    Dear Mr Brewengineer,
    Yours truly,
    Tinhat Conspirator
    Childish harassment gets old. Not that I don't appreciate your infatuation with me.

Feel free to keep up your shenanigans! It gives me a stiffy. no not in that way.

I love you!

yeah, in that way.

Off shore wind turbines can present several issues to the environment. Each specific locations is different and you should review several different engineering studies.
    1. Turbine foundations can effect the sea bed
    2. Submarine cables can generate significant heat load which may alter the environment
    3. Turbines require emergency power to support auxiliary systems when the turbines go offline. The EPS is usually diesel gen-sets.

Effect on surfing
    1. Turbines can act as a sea wall if built in close proximity thus reducing wind and waves.
    2. Sea bed can be altered depending on foundations or cable layout which would effect swell and currents.

Do wind farms create enough clean energy that the above items are moot? Solar power is much more efficient and environmentally friendly.