LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Whats a good beach car

What's a good 4x4 that's not a truck and can get decent mpg anyone know of any?

Dunno one to recommend. Most non-trucks are AWD not 4WD. I see AWDs getting stuck all the time at CB.

the Subaru wagon's? I prefer the old jap pickups, run forever. or are you thinking ORV / SUV?

an ORV with bullet holes! that one is for brew's former avatar

I got a Tahoe that I really like, but I saw a Subaru Forester the other day that I bet gets good mileage and would get the job done if you're into that type of vehicle.

I'll burn my Carver quiver then chop my surf quiver with an axe before ever getting behind the wheel of a Subaru. That includes a WRX.

In regard to the OP, Suzuki Samurai all the way. Might only cost $100.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    I'll burn my Carver quiver then chop my surf quiver with an axe before ever getting behind the wheel of a Subaru. That includes a WRX.
    lmao. wow...that's a pretty ballsy statement. subaru outback is a solid ride...only vehicle i'd seriously consider other than my jeep. my step-mother has one & it gets pretty decent mpgs. dunno how it would do on the sand, but it handles snow very well.
    my wife's jeep patriot is about the same. haven't tried it on the sand yet, but it's been great in all this snow we've had. she's "essential personnel" due to her job, so not going to work b/c of a blizzard is not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post

In regard to the OP, Suzuki Samurai all the way. Might only cost $100.
    1987 GL wagon is the best surf vehicle ever. Cheap, 4wd (dual range), semi-reliable, and plenty of room for a few sticks. My favorite beaters were my old GL wagons. Subarus are awesome, don't hate. Well, except for mine. That thing is a $36k gas guzzling pos. Reliability just isn't there on the 2008-2014.

1978_ford_pinto_cruisesilver_001.jpg

Here is a sweet beach ride for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroevol View Post
    1978_ford_pinto_cruisesilver_001.jpg

Here is a sweet beach ride for ya
    wow...my mom had one of those when i was very young. as i understand it, it was gotten rid of b/c it had faulty wiring & caught fire.

Subarus are rad. Not sure why Emass is hating. Maybe because 70% of the people in his state drive one and he's sick of seeing them around.

I don't drive mine on sand (too low and don't have proper tires), so couldn't tell you how that would work out. I can fit my 9'0" inside the car with a few inches to spare though, not bad for a compact wagon.