LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Images
    not sure yet i id like a 5in suspension but id be looking at a grand. idk much about these but maybe a 2.5in could give me enough clearance. to fit 32s.

Jeeps are great! I absolutely love em and drove them all my life! Thing is they're really not that great on gas though.

Right now I have a Jeep Cherokee and its way, way better on gas then the Wrangler I just sold! Same motor too!

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    not sure yet i id like a 5in suspension but id be looking at a grand. idk much about these but maybe a 2.5in could give me enough clearance. to fit 32s.
    depending on which body style you get, you might have to mess w/ the pinch welds a bit to avoid any rubbing. the newer body styles don't have the fully open wheel wells like the first 2 generations did. 32s will fit, though.

Great thread! I need to start shopping. I want good milage, dependability, and the ability to go on the beach. I've been looking at Subaru Forester, Honda CRV, Toyota Rav 4. A small SUV should have ok milage and I can sleep in one and if needed lock up my boards overnight when traveling. Does anyone have experience with one of these in soft sand like at AINS or OBX?

this was mines. Li'l 4 cylinder. '82. got it new. 160 a month. that took most of my money but it was well worth it. I'd come across giant 4x4s, stuck in the path at Frisco. I'd put it in 4 low and let it idle around them. I had a rope across the roll bars and would lay my board with the nose on the spare tire. I',ve had 6 boards secured on there.
    Poor baby got smooshed by Isabel. Still got it in storage.

Jeep2.jpg
    Last edited by chicharronne; Mar 28, 2014 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scbe View Post
    Great thread! I need to start shopping. I want good milage, dependability, and the ability to go on the beach. I've been looking at Subaru Forester, Honda CRV, Toyota Rav 4. A small SUV should have ok milage and I can sleep in one and if needed lock up my boards overnight when traveling. Does anyone have experience with one of these in soft sand like at AINS or OBX?
    Not rough clearance for Outer Banks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scbe View Post
    I saw a toy highlander stuck a few days ago, but I have also seen a Subaru outback get on and off the beach in deep sand.