Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodanthe Pier

Rodanthe Pier

Gone! Washed away this afternoon. I feel no pity. I've been chased away, had weights slung at me, and yelled at for just checking. No parking. The new owner has no insurance and is asking for help.

the end is gone. 2/3 of it are still there.

Saints and Begorrah, then what was that guy crying about? I big local news here. I'd like to smash them in the face with my shillelagh.
    Last edited by chicharronne; Feb 13, 2015 at 12:05 AM.

Images
    lol no **** they lost part of the pier?

whoa!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    Gone! Washed away this afternoon. I feel no pity. I've been chased away, had weights slung at me, and yelled at for just checking. No parking. The new owner has no insurance and is asking for help.
    I haven't surfed there in over 20 years, but I never had those problems. I would mostly keep some distance from the pier because they were always chumming off the end, and you would see shark fins in the slick.

One night, with the help of a friend, we filled the cab of a fishermans pick up truck with ghost crabs, just for fun. I always wondered how that turned out.

Images

don't worry.
    oil rigs won't do that.

I was there yesterday and almost drove by to check the waves....wish I had now. Who the hell buys anything oceanfront at the OBX without insurance? That's just ****ing dumb! I will say it was gnarly yesterday!! I'm positive I saw some 20 ft waves breaking on the outer bar. I've been surfing 15+ years and those might of been some of the biggest, glassy, rideable waves I've ever seen on the east coast. I'm not always in the Outer Banks so I'm sure the locals have definitely seen bigger but it was crazy to me. Kinda had a Hawaii feel to it. I almost got swept away taking a few pics not paying total attention. I'll post a few later but I'm pretty sure they won't do it justice. Got a late session in and rode maybe a handful of waves? More an experience than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    don't worry.
    oil rigs won't do that.

omg!

they build oil rigs out of wood?