LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Images
    Yeah they kept trying to get me waivers and it was only a little graffiti incident and a broken car window. I took the wrap for the both, didn't even touch the car window. Not like I was in a gang or anything. Just misguided skater punk stuff. But they kept having to call me back and the last time they didn't call me back I took it as a sign.

Images
    Maybe it was a blessing. The fact that you made the attempt to commit, still shows heart.

Based on what my son has been finding out and from what I've been hearing, all the services have gotten more selective in recent times - some more so than others. I hear that the Air Force and Coast Guard (not part of DoD but Homeland Security) are very selective now. If you get into the Marines, it's more often as a Reservist. Budget cuts and troop reductions (budget and mission related) are also factors. For example, the Navy Sea Bees are not building deployed bases, facilities, and whatnot like they had been, so their need for personnel has dropped considerably.

Images
    Some of my friends are telling me they bought the book from Amazon, only to find out a week later that the purchase was cancelled because their account was attached to an expired credit card. By the time they realize, they are over ordering it from Amazon again. So if that happens to anybody, please don't let it deter you. Just use barnesandnoble.com. Im a bit shocked at how cool and supportive the SI community has been. I was surfing in Deal the morning of the 9-11 tragedy, after seeing the smoke coming down the coastline and the anger and fear that came with that day, I signed up to join the delayed entry program the next day. During my enlistment I stopped surfing almost entirely. But a few years ago I got back in the water and its become my medicine and drive towards healthy living. Its just cool to see surfing playing an integral part on joining the Marines and then helping me adjust after completing my enlistment.

Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    Based on what my son has been finding out and from what I've been hearing, all the services have gotten more selective in recent times - some more so than others. I hear that the Air Force and Coast Guard (not part of DoD but Homeland Security) are very selective now. If you get into the Marines, it's more often as a Reservist. Budget cuts and troop reductions (budget and mission related) are also factors. For example, the Navy Sea Bees are not building deployed bases, facilities, and whatnot like they had been, so their need for personnel has dropped considerably.
    that's because they're cutting troops to save bucks. The military industrial complex still getting 60% of all our money, but people trying to make a living, serving, are cut loose. THEY're getting ready to replace all the jets in all the branches.

Images
    Wow chicharrone, I hope Russia doesn't test us, Im hoping to not see America involved in any more conflicts. But Putin is a bit crazy.
    Last edited by Mattyb; Mar 26, 2014 at 10:58 PM.

Now that Russia has regained all the treasure they lost in Afghanistan, their a threat. We don't have to worry. Our soldiers may be out of a job, but the nukes still work.

the infantry Marine lifestyle is completely disconnected from society. Theres Marines and then theres combat veteran Marines. Maybe I'm some sort of nutcase - but I ****in loved it - everything about it. I consider myself unlucky to have served from 92-98 having not had the opportunity to be deployed. So Mattyb no matter what other baggage that comes along with it, you are a combat veteran and thats pretty goddamn ****ing significant accomplishment. Semper Fi

Sorry you missed out on killing a bunch of brown people? If Raygunz wasn't such a candy azz chichen scheisse, you'da gotten to slaughter a ton of Lebanese darkies after them blasting our guys while asleep.. But he tucked his tail, ran home and attacked Grenada. You esay!

ummm, Reagan was out of office in 88, Bush 1 in 92. I think you are referring to Clinton.