LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

burning peehole/under fingernails

A lot of times after surfing in the winter and many times during i get a very unpleasant burning sensation in my peehole or/also under my fingernails. The peehole burning happens a lot of times in the water. The under the fingernail burn is usually the day or two after. Anyone have any insight?

Sincerely,
    Fingernail peehole burn guy

Images

Images
    fingernails yes, but during and immediately after session and last for up to 12 hours, but begins to subside as soon as I get warm and slowly goes away...within 8-12 hours.

peeing? i'd say try wearing a brief (speedo, etc.) underneath your suit...maybe things are getting rubbed and moved around down there the wrong way and you need some "restriction" in movement...just a guess, and maybe worth a try.

Images
    Maybe surfing at Belmar NJ would help?

After your sesh, take a q-tip and douse it in rubbing alcohol. Next insert about 1/2" deep in peehole. Pretty sure this will rid your problem. Good luck!

Clemsonsurf....lol

yourpier....great idea, i might buy some now

walkingonh20...noted

radderbsurfin...id rather deal with my current situation than try that

Soooo Funny!!! Every time! Every single day!!!

#hasn'tbeenfunnyfor2years

Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    Maybe surfing at Belmar NJ would help?

Quote Originally Posted by Radderbsurfin View Post
    After your sesh, take a q-tip and douse it in rubbing alcohol. Next insert about 1/2" deep in peehole. Pretty sure this will rid your problem. Good luck!
    wanna lose 15 lbs ugly fat? chop off your head. i think better these sincere individuals stick
    to surfing advice i/o medical…..YA TINK?

Quote Originally Posted by your pier View Post
    fingernails yes, but during and immediately after session and last for up to 12 hours, but begins to subside as soon as I get warm and slowly goes away...within 8-12 hours.

peeing? i'd say try wearing a brief (speedo, etc.) underneath your suit...maybe things are getting rubbed and moved around down there the wrong way and you need some "restriction" in movement...just a guess, and maybe worth a try.
    Something like this perhaps:
    http://www.swimoutlet.com/ProductDet...FUNqOgodOwMADg
    The "Gold Member" one looks nice.

Kidding aside. Maybe it's irritation from the pressure of laying on the board and restriction from the wet suit - particularly if you're el naturel underneath. Speedo, Under Armour shorts or something similar will help reduce friction. The saltwater may irritate it further.
    I don't know about the fingernails issue. Sounds like it might be related to cold temps and/or restricted circulation in the hands due to excessively tight fitting gloves.

I have used a few different brands of gloves with the same issue.

Happens a lot when I make my fingernails too short...I always thought it might be bacteria from the gloves or something.